$150 To Spend, DCON The Best?

ctmaudi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Akron, OH
I want to either get a single 12 or a pair of 8s. Looking for SQ, going to have about 400-450w @ 4ohm to work with. Pretty much was set on the DCON 12, but figured Id check to see if there was something else to consider. I want something that would work well in a small ported box or a sealed box.

Also, want something that can play pretty high in to mid bass for techno and rock.

....how much power do u have to work with?
400-450, bridging rear channels of a Crescendo 1000C4 which is rated for 500, but I dont like to run amps at max.

Too bad the prices at AQ arent shipped, I would have considered a pair of the 2.0 8s.

If I get the 12in 2.0, I wouldnt need to get the Crescendo amp and could just keep the DSC480 since it does 320 bridged. Hmm...

400-450, bridging rear channels of a Crescendo 1000C4 which is rated for 500, but I dont like to run amps at max.
Too bad the prices at AQ arent shipped, I would have considered a pair of the 2.0 8s.

If I get the 12in 2.0, I wouldnt need to get the Crescendo amp and could just keep the DSC480 since it does 320 bridged. Hmm...

Shipping is not to much for the 2.0. But a single 12 would do well.

Would there be much of a noticeable difference between the 2.0 12 off 250w and the DCON 12 off 400w?

What kind of box would work best with the 2.0?

the 2.0 liked 1.75-2.25ft3

There would be a difference as your close to double the power, but even at that its not that audible at such a low power setting. The 2.0 will handle more power all though I can not say how much as its rated for 250rms do to warranty issues and possible abuse by some users.

New AQ 8s have a Fs of 50...might as well put em in the doors lol
As I already said its is not accurate. We do have a set in the doors of the scion. I bet they still drop lower then most of systems out there haha.

Your far to caught up in published specs that are never accurate from any company.

That one has a bit more Xmax and a bit less power handling than the reference. It has significantly higher distortion, but probably no worse than most of the subwoofers discussed on this site.

Personally, I would choose the Dayton Ref in this budget, but I don't believe the ultra low distortion is going to be a necessity in the OP's eyes, considering his music.

Well, if I get something thats good off 250-300w, then I could just keep the DSC-480 and save some money. If I get something that needs more, then Ill be getting the Crescendo, which is more money. So if the 2.0 is good for a daily, and has good SQ, I might do that for now to save some cash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ctmaudi

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
ctmaudi
Akron, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date