Slim/shallow sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Johnny5101
10+ year member

First off, I know what everyone is thinking. And I agree whole heartedly. Shallow subs aren't bear as good. But I'm limited on space. I'm looking for a 10" shallow sub with at least 500 rms. putting it in my factory spot. I'm able to convert from 8" to 10" in the space given. It's .32 cu ft airspace enclosure. I'm unfamiliar with shallow subs, so any advice would be deeply appreciated. I have a jl e1400d amp. It's 500 rms. thanks guys

Hey man, if it fits your application and it's what you want, who cares what others think? Doesn't need to be an SPL monster to make you happy.

That said, back in the day my buddy had three of Pioneer's slim subs and they sounded fantastic.

Pioneer TS-SW251 (TSSW251) 10" Single 4 ohm Shallow-Mount Sub

But that was years ago and I see Alpine now makes a slim Type R which peaks my interest...but is also significantly more expensive than the other slim subs.

Alpine SWR-T10 (SWRT10) 10" Single 4 ohm Shallow Type-R Subwoofer

Also have Kicker, MB Quart, and RF options as well.

Not trying to push them, but I was depth and airspace limited on my last build, and I went with sundown e8v3s for theyre 5ish" mounting depth and small airspace requirements. I ran mine in about .35 net each and they sounded good and had decent output. I have two of the four left and would be willing to sell. Theyre in great condition.

The sd 10 is .5 cu ft enclosure. I only have .32

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

I could prob get 5" I can always use a spacer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.