Sliding back glass or blowthru?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Naylor606
10+ year member

Kentucky
Im about to start my trucks system build on my 01 Sonoma Ext cab. Im wanting to put the subs in the bed and keep the amps in the extra cab part. Recently i came across a top for the bed dirt cheap. However its one of the high camper top kind. Would it be better to go for a blowthru and cut through the trucks bed into the cab, or replace my back glass with the sliding window and let the sound come into the cab that way? I could do either but with the high camper top i figured it would be easier with the window option. What would you all do

Window forsure over cutting the cab, IMO. Most window blow throughs dont use a window at all. U simply pull ur back glass and the glass on the camper top and run the acordian boot between the two. Ill see if I have any pics of my old trucks if u like.

^^This. Pull the glass and do a boot. And with that much space, it could be a really nasty 4th //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I would if i had alotta money to spend on it, so far ive got 2 of the RF 1500 BDCP's from my last build. Thought about getting another 1 of those and doing two 12's on each amp. Im still waiting on the H/O Alt to be shipped

Yes the accoridian boots are simple, they have a slotted section on each side that attach to the cab and the topper. Add a little sealant when u install it though. 6 12s in a 4th will be sick for sure. Here is a buddy of mines nissan with a 4 10 blowthru(window) 4th tuned at 32hz

Definitely take out the back glass. Im doing a very similar build. I have a 2002 extended cab Sonoma. Except I have a 1/4 camper shell so the design im doing will have the subs facing into the cab and the port doing the same. Using 3 12' Tantric SHD's and 2 Powerbass xta5000ds strapped. Going to be sick..... I hope. Good luck with build

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.