Sky High wire is too ******* big

actually, not really. Sky High 1/0 was too big where I couldn't run it in the same spot as I ran my 2awg welding cable.
I like the welding better anyways. Cheaper than Sky High CCA
I'm not saying its perfect for every situation, but larger wire yields greater power handling. That's what I like, since the hole in my firewall is big enough.

I'm guessing that it was too big to run under your trim or something? I know that was a common problem with some.

idk I just put the solder to the terminal and hit it with the iron and melted it but it always broke off
You have to heat the wire and lug hot enough for the solder to flow into it, that's why it broke off. You don't even need to have the solder touch the iron if you have the pieces hot.

I'm not saying its perfect for every situation, but larger wire yields greater power handling. That's what I like, since the hole in my firewall is big enough.
I'm guessing that it was too big to run under your trim or something? I know that was a common problem with some.
hell yeah **** was bulging out the trim lmfao. Couldn't put my trim back on. Sure wasn't gonna run it underneath the car.

hell yeah **** was bulging out the trim lmfao. Couldn't put my trim back on. Sure wasn't gonna run it underneath the car.
One of my friends had a similar problem. Multiple runs of smaller wire were the best option in that case.

Wow i didnt know sky high wire was so cheap. They have 50ft of cca 0 ga. For $77 bucks. m getting that and give this cheap fake install bay 0 ga. To my girl since her systemwont be over 1g

Can you guys give me some tips on crimping I bought a hydraulic crimper but its hard like I put the wire in the terminal, there's always some wire that doesn't make it in, I try to crimp it but the terminal always falls off mid crimp its like I need three hands....
Where are you in LA? I'm in Shreveport and if you're close I can show you how to use the crimper. If not, I can also build you whatever you like and ship it to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.