Skar RP.3500 or Taramps MD8000.1

Almost as much cone area as 2 12's and his score is metered "outlaw". It is very probably 146 and small change metered DB Drag style which is OK for that power and cone area in a pickup truck.

I imagine the Chinese full bridge amps are going to go through several revisions very quickly now that that genie is out of the bottle in the far east. I wouldn't expect anything revolutionary, and since they're just ripoffs of Soundigital boards about the best thing we can expect from them is that they'll be sold by companies with better customer service and warranty support.

Not really, 2-12's is 12.5% more cone area, bit whatever. Hate all you want, no worries. It's o.k. a 5 cubic foot box behind the seat is also. And, the seats are all the way back and reclined. Hate all you want. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Almost as much cone area as 2 12's and his score is metered "outlaw". It is very probably 146 and small change metered DB Drag style which is OK for that power and cone area in a pickup truck.

I imagine the Chinese full bridge amps are going to go through several revisions very quickly now that that genie is out of the bottle in the far east. I wouldn't expect anything revolutionary, and since they're just ripoffs of Soundigital boards about the best thing we can expect from them is that they'll be sold by companies with better customer service and warranty support.

I did my meter just like everybody else at our recent competition. Why hate, congratulate.

20210317_183536.jpg

So mad you had to reply twice? Just get some DB Drag style scores or include the caveat that you meter outlaw when bragging.

I metered just like everybody else did at a recent car audio competition here in Las Vegas. Once, I add some lithium, it will be even higher. I was dropping into the high 12's when I did the 148.5. And, why are you so worried about what I metered anyway? My installer told me that score would hurt people's feelings and I didn't believe him. Well, now I do.

I metered just like everybody else did at a recent car audio competition here in Las Vegas.
Outlaw USAC style. Several veteran competitors have explained to you that it is not the same and it is not useful if you're trying to compare apples to apples with other people who meter DB Drag style. You will see the difference when and if you do some sealed at the dash measurements.

Outlaw USAC style. Several veteran competitors have explained to you that it is not the same and it is not useful if you're trying to compare apples to apples with other people who meter DB Drag style. You will see the difference when and if you do some sealed at the dash measurements.

I wasn't comparing my score to anybody else's. If you want to rip on what it metered go ahead. I don't compete anyway.

So why even mention it if not for the sake of people being able to compare the output you are getting against other things they have built or auditioned? That's the whole point of doing metering is so that we have objective and quantifiable data.

Because he asked for it, that's why.

Because he asked for it, that's why.
Just say "outlaw" when you throw that out there,

This is like saying "My car does 0 to 60 in 1.5 seconds" but neglecting to mention that you mean 60KM/hr. You know there's a difference and it seems you are trying to mislead by leaving that part out.

It's not a bad score for your power and cone area and I said that in your original thread about it.

Just say "outlaw" when you throw that out there,

This is like saying "My car does 0 to 60 in 1.5 seconds" but neglecting to mention that you mean 60KM/hr. You know there's a difference and it seems you are trying to mislead by leaving that part out.

It's not a bad score for your power and cone area and I said that in your original thread about it.

So, what are you going to say if I put lithium in it and do 149-150? I feel like I'm about the only person who will even post there meter scores. And, they always say that the score is from the kick, headrest, or windshield. I've yet to see anybody say whether the door was open, window was down, passenger seat was laid back, or sun visors were down. Just sayin.

So, what are you going to say if I put lithium in it and do 149-150?
149 or 150 sealed at the dash would be very solid for that cone area in a pickup truck. I have seen builds that gain 4dB with a door or window open and metering at the kick so again, I'd need sealed at the dash numbers to compare apples to apples to what I've done and seen around here.

I don't even know which org does headrest, I know it isn't common. It makes sense but I think it's not quite as practical for simple testing at home.

Sealed at the dash here. Actually I don't gain anything with a door or window open these days, but should gain metering at the kick. Haven't really tested since USAC doesn't support the northeast at all.

If my guy in China ever gets back to me on LTO cells I may put a little something together in my F250 this summer. I've got amps, subs, cable, just lacking batteries and time. Would probably need about 800$ in lumber, glue, bondo, etc. too, but mostly I need time.

149 or 150 sealed at the dash would be very solid for that cone area in a pickup truck. I have seen builds that gain 4dB with a door or window open and metering at the kick so again, I'd need sealed at the dash numbers to compare apples to apples to what I've done and seen around here.

I don't even know which org does headrest, I know it isn't common. It makes sense but I think it's not quite as practical for simple testing at home.

Sealed at the dash here. Actually I don't gain anything with a door or window open these days, but should gain metering at the kick. Haven't really tested since USAC doesn't support the northeast at all.

View attachment 29049

If my guy in China ever gets back to me on LTO cells I may put a little something together in my F250 this summer. I've got amps, subs, cable, just lacking batteries and time. Would probably need about 800$ in lumber, glue, bondo, etc. too, but mostly I need time.

Look at the Lishen lithium cells. People like and are surprised at the 4- 8's in my truck. Especially, since it's all behind the seat. It broke my overhead console. 146 0r 148, who cares. People usually think that I have a blow through box in the bed of the truck under the tonneau cover. Nope!

I have only metered my car legitimately one time. Meca legal on the headrest I did 141.3db. The Audiocontrol epic 160 in my car at the same time measured a 154db. If anyone ever asks what my car meters I tell them meca legal 141.3. The audiocontrol number is outlaw at best. If anyone ever noticed the spl display on the epic, I would tell them it is wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...