Skar RP.3500 or Taramps MD8000.1

Just because he has an 8k amp doesn't mean he needs the electrical to support 8k.

He has two 1500 rms subwoofers and impedance rise.

He will never see anywhere near 8k.
At that level and with the track record with those amps, it takes but a fraction of a second. 1500w rms subs is irrelevant, that dictates nothing to the amp. No sense in that much head room unless you know what you are doing and your system well, you know anyone and everyone with that much headroom goes "once won't hurt!". It's like a drug, you do it once, you will do it again and you will smoke something.

Questions which has not been asked is what impedance? What's the enclosure and vehicle? Goals?

As for lithium, if you want to stat with the stock or mix with AGM, build a headway bank. I have a 32Ah with a 500F cap bank on a twisted 3.5k wired at .7, stock 150a alt and stock group 49 agm and I drop .2v full tilt for the first song or so to not more than .5v drop after a few songs full tilt driving. Idling it drops .5v immediately and sustains.

At that level and with the track record with those amps, it takes but a fraction of a second. 1500w rms subs is irrelevant, that dictates nothing to the amp. No sense in that much head room unless you know what you are doing and your system well, you know anyone and everyone with that much headroom goes "once won't hurt!". It's like a drug, you do it once, you will do it again and you will smoke something.

Impedance rise is a bitch.

It's easy to set gains with a multi meter or clamp your power output.

That RP 3500 will be putting out no where near 3k in real life on music resulting in trying to get more and clipping them to death.

Impedance rise is a bitch.

It's easy to set gains with a multi meter or clamp your power output.

That RP 3500 will be putting out no where near 3k in real life on music resulting in trying to get more and clipping them to death.
Yes it can be, but we still don't know his final impedance. Taramps for sure either way, I don't know why I didn't realize they were the VXF, I would run the 8k all day. If D2 get the 2ohm version, if D4 get the 1ohm version. Your right I about the RP, Those subs will take much more than 1500 each, unless in a prefab at which point, get a Boss.

Yes it can be, but we still don't know his final impedance. Taramps for sure either way, I don't know why I didn't realize they were the VXF, I would run the 8k all day. If D2 get the 2ohm version, if D4 get the 1ohm version. Your right I about the RP, Those subs will take much more than 1500 each, unless in a prefab at which point, get a Boss.
I would certainly hold off on going with a SIA, Wait until they get out and tested. If they flop like the SFB then it's not you who gets to figure out first hand. There is a reason SFB got dropped in a year.

I have and SFB3K on 4- 8's in my truck (behind the seat) and it get's down. Puts up a nice number as well. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you the number.

I would certainly hold off on going with a SIA, Wait until they get out and tested. If they flop like the SFB then it's not you who gets to figure out first hand. There is a reason SFB got dropped in a year.

SFB isn't getting dropped. The SIA has the Korean SALT board. So, I think they'll be fine.

I have and SFB3K on 4- 8's in my truck (behind the seat) and it get's down. Puts up a nice number as well. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you the number.
Well now I am interested in the number! lol

SFB isn't getting dropped. The SIA has the Korean SALT board. So, I think they'll be fine.
It will be once stock is gone. I'll put money on that. It is a inferior product and nothing like Soundigital in which they cloned.

SIA is a Taramps Smart 3 clone
Sundown Intelligent Amplifier
Where do you see Salt boards? All they have released is the SIA 3500 and by far not a Korean made amp, nor a half bridge topology.

Well now I am interested in the number! lol

It will be once stock is gone. I'll put money on that. It is a inferior product and nothing like Soundigital in which they cloned.

SIA is a Taramps Smart 3 clone
Sundown Intelligent Amplifier
Where do you see Salt boards? All they have released is the SIA 3500 and by far not a Korean made amp, nor a half bridge topology.

The guys at Down 4 Sound told me about the SIA having the SALT boards. Probably a smaller version of the Korean SALT board anyway. The Sundowns are much better than the Taramps IMO. And, yes, I've ran them both. These 4- 8's tear shitt up on the SFB 3K amp.

20210201_172007.jpg

The guys at Down 4 Sound told me about the SIA having the SALT boards. Probably a smaller version of the Korean SALT board anyway. The Sundowns are much better than the Taramps IMO. And, yes, I've ran them both. These 4- 8's tear shitt up on the SFB 3K amp.
If it is a Korean made clone, that I do not know. I don't know of any Korean build houses doing full bridge or clones. I also don't have a clue why d4s would say that but it is very obvious that the SIA is full bridge as it is full range and unable to be strapped(the easiest telltale sign) and that in itself makes it zero like the salt. unless they have thicker PCB or color lol. The taramps smart 3 is a great amp without a doubt. It will be interesting to see what they did with the control chip in the SIA, I will hjave to put one on the scope and see if it limits the rail like the smart.

May I ask what Taramps did you run and what made it better to you?

What were the numbers of the VFLs? AB They have some good products for great prices.

If it is a Korean made clone, that I do not know. I don't know of any Korean build houses doing full bridge or clones. I also don't have a clue why d4s would say that but it is very obvious that the SIA is full bridge as it is full range and unable to be strapped(the easiest telltale sign) and that in itself makes it zero like the salt. unless they have thicker PCB or color lol. The taramps smart 3 is a great amp without a doubt. It will be interesting to see what they did with the control chip in the SIA, I will hjave to put one on the scope and see if it limits the rail like the smart.

May I ask what Taramps did you run and what made it better to you?

What were the numbers of the VFLs? AB They have some good products for great prices.

I think the SIA is running Korean capacitors like the SALT line. I was running an MD3000 on an AB HD15. The SFB's are better IMO because they can handle more volts. The Taramps pretty much only like 2 volts. The Sundowns can handle more. My VFL 8's did a 148.5 at 32 hz. from the kick.

20210310_182254.jpg

Last edited:
I think the SIA is running Korean capacitors like the SALT line. I was running an MD3000 on an AB HD15. The SFB's are better IMO because they can handle more volts. The Taramps pretty much only like 2 volts. The Sundowns can handle more. My VFL 8's did a 148.5 at 32 hz. from the kick.
I am impressed at the frequency, little fellas get down! 4 8s will be the equivalent of at least a 15, a 15 doing those numbers isn't shocking so if broken down like that and running collective 3k to them makes sense. The wow factor and its still impressive I don't want to take from that. I will believe what ever you tell me what you metered. I don't see a sense in lying but anyway either way congrats.

Assuming you meant 12v? I do not have any experience with the MD3000, But the smart 3, md5000, md8000, bass8k and hd10000 is what i have personal experience with and I have not seen any voltage issues from 14v-15.5v(stock alt and agms to ding dongs on a 320) and have dealt with multiples of some mentioned models. Haven't seen dirty power on the scope (yes I oscope every amp, clip indicator or not I like to see the rails myself) 1 bass8k and the hd10000 are now blown. bass 8k wire pinched on his folding seat in a suburban.... The hd10000 well, that, well its a pos....... . I have also experience with the SFB1500, 5000 and today actually a 8000. I haven't had issue with the 1500 or 5000 (however they are both blown now, 1500 had issue with RCAs, I believe grounded out and 5000 is straight up user was a idiot and played a sine wave for like 3 hours straight with no load and "forgot") but the 8000 today had a extremely noisy ground floor and the sine wave was odd, Once able to get it to filter the static it actually had a X overlap at the "ground" reference. We were in a rush and just wasn't cooperating so we just threw in a twisted sounds 3.5k in and called it good. Personally I don't care for either one and I like my big amps. I do amps so I like to get opinions. I have seen many people bash Taramps and I had one guy tell me it sounded terrible even with his DSP.... his opinion was fast disregarded. I do not hate on any brand and I do not praise any brand. I run a AB 15 on a twisted 3.5k in my DD, I have 15" Sundown NSv3s going in my build car with right now a DC 10.0k(might change depending on what i can find in between now and reaching install time) and a Crecendo 1100.4. I am still looking for a small 4 channel, I was thinking a SAM 65.4 or NVX has the vadm4 or something, Just need to hide it in my center console to run some speakers in that. So a mix of things. I know of a few running a smart 3 with zero issue and really no one with a SFB anymore. I am glad it works for you and you are happy with it as that is all that matters at the end of the day.

I am impressed at the frequency, little fellas get down! 4 8s will be the equivalent of at least a 15, a 15 doing those numbers isn't shocking so if broken down like that and running collective 3k to them makes sense. The wow factor and its still impressive I don't want to take from that. I will believe what ever you tell me what you metered. I don't see a sense in lying but anyway either way congrats.

Assuming you meant 12v? I do not have any experience with the MD3000, But the smart 3, md5000, md8000, bass8k and hd10000 is what i have personal experience with and I have not seen any voltage issues from 14v-15.5v(stock alt and agms to ding dongs on a 320) and have dealt with multiples of some mentioned models. Haven't seen dirty power on the scope (yes I oscope every amp, clip indicator or not I like to see the rails myself) 1 bass8k and the hd10000 are now blown. bass 8k wire pinched on his folding seat in a suburban.... The hd10000 well, that, well its a pos....... . I have also experience with the SFB1500, 5000 and today actually a 8000. I haven't had issue with the 1500 or 5000 (however they are both blown now, 1500 had issue with RCAs, I believe grounded out and 5000 is straight up user was a idiot and played a sine wave for like 3 hours straight with no load and "forgot") but the 8000 today had a extremely noisy ground floor and the sine wave was odd, Once able to get it to filter the static it actually had a X overlap at the "ground" reference. We were in a rush and just wasn't cooperating so we just threw in a twisted sounds 3.5k in and called it good. Personally I don't care for either one and I like my big amps. I do amps so I like to get opinions. I have seen many people bash Taramps and I had one guy tell me it sounded terrible even with his DSP.... his opinion was fast disregarded. I do not hate on any brand and I do not praise any brand. I run a AB 15 on a twisted 3.5k in my DD, I have 15" Sundown NSv3s going in my build car with right now a DC 10.0k(might change depending on what i can find in between now and reaching install time) and a Crecendo 1100.4. I am still looking for a small 4 channel, I was thinking a SAM 65.4 or NVX has the vadm4 or something, Just need to hide it in my center console to run some speakers in that. So a mix of things. I know of a few running a smart 3 with zero issue and really no one with a SFB anymore. I am glad it works for you and you are happy with it as that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Look at the CT sounds 4 channels.

I am impressed at the frequency, little fellas get down! 4 8s will be the equivalent of at least a 15
Almost as much cone area as 2 12's and his score is metered "outlaw". It is very probably 146 and small change metered DB Drag style which is OK for that power and cone area in a pickup truck.

I imagine the Chinese full bridge amps are going to go through several revisions very quickly now that that genie is out of the bottle in the far east. I wouldn't expect anything revolutionary, and since they're just ripoffs of Soundigital boards about the best thing we can expect from them is that they'll be sold by companies with better customer service and warranty support.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...