Skar RP.3500 or Taramps MD8000.1

I have only metered my car legitimately one time. Meca legal on the headrest I did 141.3db. The Audiocontrol epic 160 in my car at the same time measured a 154db. If anyone ever asks what my car meters I tell them meca legal 141.3. The audiocontrol number is outlaw at best. If anyone ever noticed the spl display on the epic, I would tell them it is wrong.

We used the Term Lab meter. The headrest location probably didn't help too much with your score.

Look at the Lishen lithium cells.
Just waiting for my guy in China to get more supply of them, I did want to audition them. I still want to build big enough that I'm not trying to push them at 10C or greater (regardless of their """ratings""" performance and life expectancy suffers greatly as you push them) but I do want to audition those new cells.
We used the Term Lab meter.
Nobody uses audiocontrol meter anymore for SPL and the audiocontrol unit in his picture is an old bass processor/restoration device with a not so accurate spl meter built in. When looking at SPL scores from the late 90s into the early 00s people used to have to tell you which meter they used as a caveat so you knew you were comparing apples to apples. If you look at old dB drag numbers you could safely assume they were quite a bit higher than they would be reading on more modern equipment.
146 0r 148, who cares.

If 2db isn't significant why not just round right up to 150, don't mention "outlaw" and call it good.

Just waiting for my guy in China to get more supply of them, I did want to audition them. I still want to build big enough that I'm not trying to push them at 10C or greater (regardless of their """ratings""" performance and life expectancy suffers greatly as you push them) but I do want to audition those new cells.

Nobody uses audiocontrol meter anymore for SPL and the audiocontrol unit in his picture is an old bass processor/restoration device with a not so accurate spl meter built in. When looking at SPL scores from the late 90s into the early 00s people used to have to tell you which meter they used as a caveat so you knew you were comparing apples to apples. If you look at old dB drag numbers you could safely assume they were quite a bit higher than they would be reading on more modern equipment.

If 2db isn't significant why not just round right up to 150, don't mention "outlaw" and call it good.

I refuse to say higher than I saw on the meter. I'm not a liar, believe me. That's probably why I'm divorced right now. It was 148.5 at 32 hz. 148.0 at 32 hz. on music with the driver's door open. My lishen is balancing right now.

See that's the important bit to include, but seriously, next time you get by a meter do sealed at the dash, if you have time test windows up and down (either side/both/all combinations) and see for yourself what happens.

We did it different ways, but the door was always open and meter was always in the kick. I'm not too worried about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...