Skar going into protective mode

Can you not get a adjustable regulator? I know in my jeep the CPU controlled what my alt would charge at so I had to get an external an bypass it or is that what you already had? I might have missed it.

Can you not get a adjustable regulator? I know in my jeep the CPU controlled what my alt would charge at so I had to get an external an bypass it or is that what you already had? I might have missed it.
I looked into it but it's not recommended for me they said .

Page 5-31 of 2011 owner's manual:

The normal battery voltage range

is 11.5 to 15.5 volts. You can monitor

battery voltage on the DIC by

pressing the vehicle information

button until Battery Voltage is

displayed.

Also from GM service information: 90% duty cycle of alternator will result in 15.5 volt output. 10% = 11volts. This is controlled by the ECM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received a skar rp 2000.1 on 12/29 played fine for a week starting last week amp had been going into protective mode, manual recommends 0 gauge and 200 amp fuse, I have 4 gauge and 150amp breaker, breaker hasn't tripped once, car must turn off then back on to go back to power, amp wired to one ohm. Is the small 4 gauge and breaker causing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most problems is the rcas your using, try using a different amp to test, my 2 Skar 1500 watt rms would start up with a red light to indicate that something is wrong then would go blue like it’s ready for music. But no sound. So I hooked up my old amp and no sound, easy fix RCAs were fried. Easy fix.

Most problems is the rcas your using, try using a different amp to test, my 2 Skar 1500 watt rms would start up with a red light to indicate that something is wrong then would go blue like it’s ready for music. But no sound. So I hooked up my old amp and no sound, easy fix RCAs were fried. Easy fix.

6 year old thread..

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...