Skar Audio ZVX-12v2 Custom Enclosure Build Log + Demo Video

SkarAudio
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Today at the Skar Audio HQ we put in action the first production model ZVX-12 *V2* that we had sent via air before the main shipment arrives this April 5th (only a few short weeks away)... This build log below shows the start to finish process of an enclosure we built in house for this new 12" woofer and is followed by a live testing video.

The ZVXv2 subwoofers have not been announced in much detail but are on the same shipment as the highly anticipated ZVX-8 Subwoofers that will also be arriving April 5th. Still rated at a conservative 1500 Watts RMS, many improvements have been made to an already extremely strong and high power woofer. The V2 ZVX Subwoofers will come in the existing 12"/15"/18" models as previously made, and will still be offered in Dual 1 Ohm and Dual 2 Ohm Coil Configurations.

Due to the high demand of the new woofer line, these are not available for pre-order but with their arrival soon you can visit our website for more information on how to purchase them. We hope you enjoy the log below and welcome any questions you may have about the upcoming release of the Skar Audio ZVXv2 Subwoofer line...

-Skar Audio

Vehicle : 2007 Infiniti G37

Subwoofer : Skar Audio ZVX-12v2 Dual 1 Ohm 1500 Watt RMS 3" Coil

Enclosure : Single 12 Custom Ported Enclosure (3ft^3, Tuned @ 34 Hz)

Amplifier : Skar Audio SK-2500.1D Monoblock Class D

Build Log Pictures

IMG_3218_zpsf5407232.jpg

IMG_3219_zpsc7de2519.jpg

IMG_3220_zpsc49465b8.jpg

IMG_3221_zpse715488e.jpg

IMG_3222_zps1e2ede65.jpg

IMG_3223_zps5784a228.jpg

IMG_3225_zps5f9b2033.jpg

IMG_3226_zps390f4e24.jpg

IMG_3227_zpsf0394d99.jpg

IMG_3228_zps1376d6e1.jpg

sundowns generic clone...go figure maybe one day Kevin will design his own sh*t...nahh doubt that will ever happen..

Yea typical zv4 clone and the zvx8 is going to mirror the x8 really is fucked up how things ended up like this. I do know though that those baskets are patented with jacob at sundown so depending on company dealings/agreements; jacob could effectively shut skar down for good

Have you ever built a sub? Oh really I didn't think so
what does me building a sub have to do with SKAR or SKUM Audio as many of us know it... cloning others product then trying to sell it cheaper?? why don't skar audio come out with a new product first?? never seen that happen but odd how when others come out with new design or product BANG..A month or 2 later guess what look at skars new sub , amp, components. .ect...I know I'll buy a sundown sub send it to China and have them clone it and change the name...I see Jacob at sundown is designing a new 6.5" sub in testing stages now ..let's see how long after that skar has a 6.5" sub out ?? or is sundown gonna put to many patents on it to stop cloning?? sad people like skar and or Kevin clone sh*t from other companies that they have to patent there product...so again this has what to do with me building a sub....uhm NOTHING...

I was saying have you ever built a sub cause you say the subs are alike when there not. Even of they were it's between Jacob and Kevin not you. And Jacob isn't the first one to have a 6.5 sub, so maybe jacob is copying another company

I was saying have you ever built a sub cause you say the subs are alike when there not. Even of they were it's between Jacob and Kevin not you. And Jacob isn't the first one to have a 6.5 sub, so maybe jacob is copying another company
you can't be serious?

you can't be serious?
Eh kinda sorta all im saying is everyone talks bad about skar when 99.9999 percent of everyone talking **** has never owned anything that Kevin has made. And until they have there just being childish talking about it. Like me I've never owned a ford so I can't say man ford copied Chevrolet by using the same brand tires ford *****. All ford does is copy Chevrolet. It all boils down to a bunch of grown men trash talking something they know nothing about.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SkarAudio

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
SkarAudio
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date