Skar Audio build in a 2006 Pontiac G6

The wait is over! 4ft^3 tuned to 30hz after all displacements and such. Quad Skar VVX 10s will have a final load of .5 ohm and will be ran of a DAT Prototype hellfire 2500 should see a little over 3k out of it at .5

daystephen69yahoocom-A.png

daystephen69yahoocom-B.png

daystephen69yahoocom-C.png

daystephen69yahoocom-D.png

Updates ran out of sunlight will have to finish it tuesday! I have never built ANYTHING out of wood this is my first time building really anything so be easy lol i did well imo have to put on front and top and cut out out for subs and it will be done!

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

My first 45* ever!

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

imagejpeg_2_15.jpg

imagejpeg_2_16.jpg

Lol eager to learn really what flaws do you see?
Slot ports that don't fill up the whole width of the box restrict the air movement because you introduce a lot more corners. A "traditional" box that has a single large slot port on the bottom with a big 45 shoved in the back corner allows for great air movement whereas that design really blocks a lot of it.

Got amp today love the look of this thing solid black very plain no etching at (its the prototype) seller through in some goodies a plexi glass etching of DAT logo and name which im thinking ill use it on a amp rack or something he also threw in some quantum audio 1" tweets i have no use for but ill take em! Picking up some more 0ga sometime soon locally going to do a complete run + and - from front to back and get my alt back in and install comps finish box and buy subs

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

Bro you did not buy a DAT amp! WHAT THE FUCK WHERE YOU THINKING!

and on the box, it looks like you cut the sides 3/4" to short..... unless you are going to cut out the part for the port and slide it over instead of placing a front piece on it and using a flush trim bit on a router.

Bro you did not buy a DAT amp! WHAT THE FUCK WHERE YOU THINKING!
and on the box, it looks like you cut the sides 3/4" to short..... unless you are going to cut out the part for the port and slide it over instead of placing a front piece on it and using a flush trim bit on a router.
Yes i did buy bro been wanting to try one but like i said its the PROTO the productions models are what took a **** and yes im cutting the front to fit flush

Is that 1in mdf?

I'm diggin the build. I put up very similar #'s in MECA AS3 Ohio Finals a few weeks ago. I'm on stock elec with a 130a alt and voltage dropping to 11.8 (//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif) and no sound dampening but I'm pretty sure I can break a 40.

I cant wait to see how the quads end up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

edit: forgot to ask how much did the spl meter set you back?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.