Skar Audio build in a 2006 Pontiac G6

g6ryder
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Took out my single re mt 12" on a pb3k and i recently became a skar rep so im replacing it with 2 10" SKAR vvx's my 1st impression of these cosmetically was wow very solidly built and very eye appealing love the high rolled surround and the SKAR dustcap me and donh worked out a trade so he is building the box and shipping it to me next week hopefully should be tuned around 28-30htz or so in the trunk of a pontiac g6 port and sub back all ran off a Planet Audio BB2400.1 @ 1ohm daily as long as I'm careful should handle the power fine and get loud as low excited to hear these things I will post more pics soon I got 2 100ah c&d batts and an excessive amperage alt so I should do well electrical wise.

here is the design. The Skar's will be a great choice for you as i mentioned before due to spare restrictions in your vehicle. THis is a good ole ported box. tuned nice and low to 30hz. 2.25ft^3 after all disp. 35.75in^2 of port. more than sufficient. should move air!

There will be a lower light emitting white LED strip mounted in the middle of the baffle like i did on my build to add a little pzaz haha. Also a nice little kerfed port will look great and add a nice aesthetic look. g6 wants his name in raised letters. so be it. ill do it.

g6ryderskarvvx10s.png

Box build action box was build by Donh on CACO

imagejpeg_2_2.jpg

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2_8.jpg

imagejpeg_2_4.jpg

imagejpeg_2_5.jpg

imagejpeg_2_6.jpg

imagejpeg_2_7.jpg

imagejpeg_2_10.jpg

imagejpeg_2_11.jpg

IMG_20110909_101847.jpg

imagejpeg_2_13.jpg

imagejpeg_2_14.jpg

Here is the whip black rims and black out head and tail lights coming soon

IMAG0098-1.jpg

IMAG0099-1.jpg

Here is it installed still got to clean her up a bit but it will get the job done for now to late for vids lol but will get some in the morning it is so **** loud its crazy i love it sounds amazing and get low as hell SKAR FTMFW!!! Shout out to Don for a bad *** box

IMAG0113.jpg

Here are some videos

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn103/stevoday/?action=view&current=VIDEO0008.mp4

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn103/stevoday/?action=view&current=Excursion.mp4

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn103/stevoday/?action=view&current=Cuptrick.mp4

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn103/stevoday/?action=view&current=Shirttrick.mp4

Bought me an SPL-Lab meter today should here sometime next week so i will get some testing with these Skars. Also got Oklahoma state finals tomorrow so we will se how i do pics/vids will be posted tomorrow

Had a the state finals today it was pretty small show but i ended up taking 1st with a 138.3db @ 40htz in a trunk not to bad of score with 2 10s in daily box @ 30htz and less than 2k thats a meca event at the headrest i never meter well at the headrest i bet im a lock at atleast a 140+ in the kick or windshield we will see in a few days bc i just bought my own meter my 1st run was a 137 on music @ 39htz on Uptown by drake... All in all i took 1st and i didnt plan on metering well i was just curious as to what it was bc its loud as hell to the ear so im happy with it!

TEAM SKAR FTMFW!

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

Here is testing i did once i got my meter in today

highest so far is 139.99 @32htz on Delusional by Tech N9ne!

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

Now here are some tone testing i did

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.