Skar 85.4???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Schnitzel
10+ year member

hows it going im new here just signed up to try to get some help with my stereo.

i have an 09 silverado duramax

running CDT 6.5 components in the front with CDT coax in the rear. i have 2-sundown sa8v2s and a skar 1500.1 and a skar 85.4. pioneer avh-4400 HU

i have not been happy with the SQ coming from this setup. the speakers sound very harsh and not very natural.(best way i could describe it) i was told the Skar 85.4 isnt the greatest amp for sound quality. Does anyone here have any experience with them? i have a feeling its the install more then anything, but somebody mentioned my amp and now its got me thinking. i talked to CDT and they told me i need to move my tweeters. the installers put them in the factory Bose tweeter location. And he said i should move the tweeter close to the driver in the door panel. before i tear apart my setup and start drilling holes i was hoping maybe u guys could help me out.

the cdt speakers are the CL 650FG. i paid way too much from Woofersetc. i could have gotten the new CL62 for about $50 less then i paid. And i guess the 650fg is an older speaker. freakin woofersetc carries all of CDTs older speakers, so beware if ur ordering from them.

ill try to get some pics posted in a little bit. thanks for any help i really appreciate it!

Its typically said to be best to place your tweet within 6" of mid driver. The best SQ car I have heard was not set up like this, none the less its common to hear it. It supposedly causes perceived gaps and localization issues... The sk85.4 should be at least adequate, and is BP capable. My first thought is that the install and or tuning is the weak point. Im running an Audison 4ch and before I got it tuned it, it didnt sound that great. After some tuning and tinkering im happy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.