Amp advice - Component and Sub

Mystral Hawk
10+ year member

Hi guys,

I haven't been on here in a while and since I am ready to start installing a system again (Acura Integra Coupe), I come to you all for advice.

So far, I have a set of ID front components (CTX65CS) running off of HU power (Old Pioneer DEH-4800MP). I plan on upgrading the headunit in the future, but right now I'm thinking of getting an amp for the front components and an ID8 sub.

I'm currently looking at a 3 channel amp (JL XD500/3) to power the fronts and the sub.

Here lies my concerns/confusion:

1) The XD500 does not push out enough power for the front components.

2) At 2 ohms, the XD500 pushes out 300RMS, but the ID8 D4 recommends 150RMS.

So I'm looking for advice in terms of alternative amp choices and whether I should get the 4 ohm or 2 ohm sub.

Thank you all in advance!

my son has that amp ,i personally dont like the sound of a class d amp for speakers and components.the vfl 150.4 would be a nice choice as well for 250 shipped new or you could do the ph 5100 american bass 5 channel for 369 new

Thanks guys for the recommendations and help!

I've been flip flopping on which ohm sub to use but I think the 2 ohm will work out best.

I can't seem to find a 150.4 for an amp. I'd like to take a look at it.

Keep the recommendations coming!

So I've been looking at other 4 channel amps just for additional options, but I can't seem to find any affordable amps that produce anymore than 75 rms per channel (for components). Since it seems the 4 channel seems to be the best option, does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

again you cant run a 2 or 4 channel amp in bridged mode at 2 ohms ,it will blow up ,you 'll need a dual 2 ohm sub to use the 4 channel amp for the speakers and the sub

Sorry guys. I guess I was saying to get the 2 ohm sub and wire it for a 4 ohm load. Unless this is a no go.

Forgive me since it has been a long time and my knowledge is all jumbled. :-(

I really appreciate all the assistance. Seriously I'm feeling like a fish out of water.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.