Sirius Sound Quality

CEaton2
10+ year member

I have a sirius starmate connected to my kenwood kdc-mp628 via RCA Aux input. The sound quality just isn't what I had expected it to be, is that a problem with sirius, or do you think it is my reciever, I was thinking about getting the kenwood tuner for my headunit, would that help?

I'm just using a mini jack to rca adapter from radioshack, but I have plugged that cable into an mp3 player without any problems, so you think I should try the kenwood add on tuner? If I do, will all the text and categories come up on my reciever?

I'm just using a mini jack to rca adapter from radioshack, but I have plugged that cable into an mp3 player without any problems, so you think I should try the kenwood add on tuner? If I do, will all the text and categories come up on my reciever?
Yea they will.

Demo the unit first if at all possible... honestly satellite radio just doesn't sound *that* good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

my quality is good on my tuner. i can see the name of the stations just not the songs i guess my hu doesnt have the feature but the modelabove mine does. so u may wanna check into it first

I've got XM but I'm assuming it's pretty close. In the manual that came with my receiver (Roady2) it had a chart of best to worst quality with the Direct Tuner being the best (almost CD quality), and FM transmit being the worst. It will probably cost you about $100 though.

Yeah, so I guess I will go ahead and get used to the Starmate, which is the equivalent to XM's Roady2, just that I'll have Howard Stern in Jan. I will probably wait to get a direct connect tuner until I get my Kenwood 7017.

AUX and Tuner should be the same quality from what I hear. Im using the ALP-SIR1 tuner for my Alpine HU. Satellite radio is not CD quality. Some stations are better sounding than others it seems like. The quality isnt that bad you can tell a difference but its not bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.