Sirius DirectConnect Wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

its_a_sleeper
10+ year member

Its off to work i go....
i recently pulled my sirius direct connect setup for my JVC head unit out of my Tahoe. I went to put it in my grand prix and broke a pin on the 8 pin data wire that goes from sirius box to the JVC interface box. i ordered a new sirius setup just for a new data cable and finish installing it tonight. my head unit isnt recognizing the sirius as it did in my tahoe. i check the power and ground and all is well. any ideas?

I had this same thing happen to me, it was a faulty unit in my case, try hooking up your new one as a test, it will recognize it even if it is not activated

unplug the kssra unit and plug it back in after a min and see what happens. not uncommon for the translators to glitch. also seems more common with the jvc units.

unplug the kssra unit and plug it back in after a min and see what happens. not uncommon for the translators to glitch. also seems more common with the jvc units.
i have tried plugging and replugging and checked my power connections. im just wondering of my JVC data cable isnt shot

its possible. any local store that adds an scc1 to a factory setup will have extra din cables. I would call around and you should be able to find one cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.