single sub setup?

nd_6037
10+ year member

hey guys can you help me figure out a good single sub setup for under the rear seat of an extended cab f-150. i want to get some decent volume out of it. so recommend a good sub probably an 8" or a 10" and whats the best way to fire it, up, down, or out? with a port to the side or sealed? thanks! oh and probably going to use about 500 watts for the sub.

with that power i would say a sa-8 or a nice 10.
If it's anything like my brother's '03 F-150, it has to be 8". One thing you might want to consider, OP, is using a Tube setup.

They aren't often used. But, since circles are the best damn shape in the history of man, it allows a larger speaker to be put in a smaller enclosure and still be loaded properly. You might want to look into it.

Ok, well I went with the FI Audio X series 12" sub in 4 ohm with what they call the BP power option. I will be running 400 watts to it and it is currently being installed as I have free time. And I am doing it all myself, with some advice from people here and on some other forums. The problem is going to be clearance under the rear seat. Depending on whether you have the rear seat that folds up to the backrest or if it tips forward and lays on the floor. Mine tips forward. Ford used both types in those years and there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to why. I solved this problem by raising the rear seat (just the seat part, not the backrest) 4" which gave me 8" of height clearance in the center "hump" area and about 10" clearance to the passenger side for subwoofer clearance firing down. This allowed me to get 1 cu. ft. of sealed woofer goodness under the passenger side of the rear seat, saving the area under the drivers side rear for 2 amps. It is a tight fit, but can be done and I still have full use of my rear seat.

I'm off to bed now, but if this sounds like soemthing you are interested in, PM me and I will give you all the details and tell you where to get the stuff you need to make it happen. Please understand though, I am not a pro at this, I'm just what they call a newbie who has done a heck of a lot of research, measuring, figuring and reading. I'd be happy to share what I have learned with you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.