Single Sa8v2 enclosure help

Tat3rooski

So, I'm in the process of trying to build a tuned box for my sa8v2. I'm new to all this tuning stuff so, I'm not sure on all the specs. recommended volume is .6 to .75 and that is tuned to 35hz. I've been using the12volt.com calculator to give me port dimensions for a .671 cubic foot box I designed. The port is 1.5 inches wide and is 39.5 inches long (according to that calculator it's tuned to just under 35hz) After reading more about this sub, I saw that people were commenting that there should be around 20 sq inches of port area?? I've got way more than that. Anyone out there that has a spec box for an sa8v2? If not, I'll just need some more info from you experienced audio people! Thanks Oh, yeah, and I also emailed Ram designs with some questions. Are his designs any good?

I'm also in need of some help with a design for sa8v2. Can i get a box that's not going to take up too much grocery space in my family car's trunk?

Im running a single SA-8 ported and tuned to 32 right now. How tall is your port, you only mentioned the width.

ram or buck both great designers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Buck Box Designs

My box is 27X10X10

Ther is a 1 1/4 spacer ring for the sub, the port is 8.5 inches tall and 1 1/4 wide. and i think it was 20 long. Play with those numbers and it will get you close and leave you plenty of room for groceries.

Mine really moves some air for a little 8" sub. It's not going to hit like a 12 or a 15 but it can still get low.

Double 07 made my single sa8v2 box tuned to 32. It bangs hard. Peeps cannot believe its a single let alone an 8. He may be able to help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.