Single or Dual Subs for Civic Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sonnie
10+ year member

Hillbilly
I am tossing around what to do for subs in my 2013 Civic. My initial thinking was to go with one single JL Audio 10W6v3, since one of these sounds incredibly good in my wife's car powered off of an XD 600/1. However, I purchased this Civic to do a car audio install and I love bass... particular I love to feel the bass... not so much just loud, but low and clean output.

My plans are to use a JL HD 900/5 active on the front stage (Hertz HSK 165XL ordered), with the 500 watts on the sub(s).

-- OR --

Go with two subs and use a Leviathan lll, which would give me a little more power all around.

-- OR --

Something else? What other subs are out there that I should throw in the mix for a sealed setup of one or two subs?

------------------------

I don't think I am limited too much on trunk space, other than I need to get to my spare tire, but I think I still have a good 12" of depth to work with and can probably get as much as about 2 cubic feet of net volume back there... so I know I could do 2 JL 12W6v3's, but not sure if I would have enough power to do them justice ... and I want to stick with one 5 channel amp. I believe the Leviathan III is 660 watts bridged 4 ohms.

A lot of people on here will trash JL because they want to promote audio they sell, or work for. There's a reason everyone hates on the best, and that's because they're the best. I went through various subs, amps, and speakers to get the sq and loudness I was looking for. All that being said, I have 2 jl w7's in my 02 civic. Have 2 hd 750 hd amps running each. Have an hd 600 4 channel running 4 jl speakers. 2 c5's and 2 zr's. This system is a BEAST, and I haven't heard anything better, or louder. Phenomenal sound quality. JL hasn't changed many subs or speakers in 10 years. They don't need to. Everyone keeps chasing. Everyone keeps hating them, but hands down, they make the best LONGEST LASTING audio. Worth the money. Don't know if any of that helped, but you should look at a w7. OMG.

Hello Sonnie. I also wanted a ported Jl 10W6v3 but Hi Tech Electronics (my local install shop) told me to give the JL CP208LG-W3v3 a try. I never knew I could get soo much bass from two 8" subs with such a small enclosure. I have my 900/5 at 2 ohm pushing the perfect amount of watts into this small ported enclosure. I have it installed in a hatchback and I usually have to adjust my bass knob down. They sound awesome. I get window flex at 25 hertz and my headliner in the front moves like crazy. Also hertz 165 hsk front and rears. Car fully dynamated. Just to be fair I gave you all the variables. Lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.