Single 8 or 10 subwoofer

Garyred

Hi guys,

I have regular cab Toyota Tacoma, and trying to decide what size subwoofer (8 or 10), for around the 150.00 range. Just looking for a good clean sounding stereo system. Any suggestions?

Currently have:

Alpine HU

Alpine type R (6.5 and tweeters)

Alpine MRV-F300

I have a Like new 12" type R I can do for $80 shipped obo if you're willing to go that big. I also have a new in box audioque HDC3 10" I can do for $200 shipped if you're willing to up your budget a little

I really appreciate the offers on the subwoofers, but I'm probably going to try and buy locally just to support the stereo shops around here, plus they will be installing my stuff for me. I am looking at hertz 8in and alpine R 8in, which I can get for the same price. Also looking at a jl audio 10wov3-4, which is about 50 dollars cheaper. I'm not concerned about people hearing me down the road, just want it to sound good inside the cab.

I really appreciate the offers on the subwoofers, but I'm probably going to try and buy locally just to support the stereo shops around here, plus they will be installing my stuff for me. I am looking at hertz 8in and alpine R 8in, which I can get for the same price. Also looking at a jl audio 10wov3-4, which is about 50 dollars cheaper. I'm not concerned about people hearing me down the road, just want it to sound good inside the cab.
Your going to pay more for a lesser sub by going local.

I agree with the above post. I understand some people like to support local shops, but those shops weren't opened to help people. They were opened to make money. By all means its your money, spend it how it pleases you, but for $150+ a little more for shipping, you could own one of the supercharged DD1508s I'm selling, which would have great SQ and decent output in a good box. You could buy my sub and still support the local shop buy having them build you a box

Sundown sd-2 works great in a small box and will hit lows.

I've used 2 of the tens and enjoyed them.

Now I'm running sa8v2's but mounting depth is pretty deep on these. Might be hard to get in a reg cab.

As far as 8 vs 10 just go with the biggest one you can fit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.