Single HDC3 10" Box

SPLluminator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
GR, Michigan
Ok, well ive tryed with two HDC3's but im not getting very good #'s due to the fact that i have only one 20.1 powering them at 1 ohm. I was wondering what you guys thought of a single 10" HDC3 with the 20.1 at .5ohm. I was thinking like .75-1 cubic ft @ ~50hz for burps. I need something small because of the power the amp will put out. I realize its too much power for daily, but for burps i would expect this lil monster to hold up for a while. This is just for ideas. Also, what about a kerfed port. I saw Sundownz was getting some luck with his 15 and a kerfed port. Another thought of mine was a aero port with a loading chamber. Just a thought, idk how it would do for spl. Thanks for any suggestions or help.

O btw, i have a Lumina. I was gonna try a bunch of different things. Whether its trunk sealed off, or sub up port back or sub forward port back and so on.

Hmm, idk. Id like to keep it around for a backup. Plus i might run 2 for daily. But it never hurts to send an offer.
my buddy may be interested....and as for yur port, kerfing may help, but probably not to the ear. If you want to score big, tune a box to around 46-50 hz and burp that bish

2k rms for 2 10" hdc3's should be enough tho, lower yur tuning for daily, and it will be louder to the ear

my buddy may be interested....and as for yur port, kerfing may help, but probably not to the ear. If you want to score big, tune a box to around 46-50 hz and burp that bish
2k rms for 2 10" hdc3's should be enough tho, lower yur tuning for daily, and it will be louder to the ear
Well i dont care to the ear for SPL. I care about the meter for one setup. Ill prolly have two setups that are separate. The other will be at 38hz for the lows. ill do the loading port with that setup and an 4" Aero. I like trying different things, so i thought id try that for daily.

Id even recommend goin lower than 38 hz, but no lower than 35 hz. I got mine at 35hz and love it, lows are so much better. And tuning it lower will eaily help those tens get lower easier

I've been limited with tuning lower and adding power. LOL personally I wouldnt recommend lower than 38 and only up to a clean 2-2500 for short periods daily.

I'd concentrate on the current set up and try another box, bigger port, sealing etc.. Then add another 20.1 down the road and work on your gains with power etc..

I've been limited with tuning lower and adding power. LOL personally I wouldnt recommend lower than 38 and only up to a clean 2-2500 for short periods daily.
I'd concentrate on the current set up and try another box, bigger port, sealing etc.. Then add another 20.1 down the road and work on your gains with power etc..
Thats what i heard as well with the 38hz tuning. Thats why i said i wouldnt wanna go lower. But i would run 2ohm daily .5 ohm for comps

4k + here at 35 hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif...took a bit to keep them from warmin up tho, but its all good now

So anyways, what should i do for box size. I was thinking in the .75-1.25 cubic ft range (for the spl box)but thats a big range, id like to narrow it down a bit.

For the daily box im thinking 1.5 @ 38hz with a loaded port. So thats set in stone

I've had luck with about 1.25ft^3 net and a single 6" aeroport(external). We've competed/tested this box in two different Blazers on different power. First Blazer did 143.8db on a 1500w amp at 1ohm in competition. Second Blazer did 148.4db on two 1500w amps strapped at 1ohm in testing. Scores were done with TL sensor on passenger windshield cars sealed.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII,

SKY

I wonder if i did something like what Thor did where basicallt the trunk is mdf. Then put the box facing back inside it. Not sealing it off at all, leaving as much room as possible for airflow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.