Single HDC3 10" Box

im in the same problem...im thining that my new box will have the port firing directly into the car cabin when i have the seats folded down at comps...but right now the box is 2.5cubes before displacement and tuned @ 37 hertz...i think my next box will be tuned to to like 41hertz

4th order with port thru the rear deck is the way to go in a trunk car.....
Id do it but i have absolutly no clue on how to design bandpasses. Is anyone able to help me in the process? Also, i have enough money/time to build up to 5 boxes or so. I could build more but then i start to run into lazyness. If i could try a bandpass, and one thats 1.25 with a 6in aero. What else. One will be a daily box tuned to 45hz for both subs. What else can i do to get the most out of my car? Im thinking of sealing it off. Ill try different box positions whether its firing sideways, up, back, or forward. Now what else.

I kinda started late on this project. But im gonna be zooming here pretty quick. Competitions are coming up and some have passed. Im going to be competing in Meca and Bass Race. Id like to do the lowest class in meca (amatuer 0-500, i think is what it is) and compete well in the 39.9 class.

Looks like i may be getting a Sundown 3k or AQ 3500d. So i may stick with the double sub setup. Im going to be picking up a hawker HX300 soon for up front and ill put my other two runs of 2/0 in(ill have 2 positive and 2 neg). Then ill start on a new box tuned to 45 hz, its Just a lil over 3cubic ft. Ive got to somehow find the Res. frequency of my car. Once i do that, ill build a new box with a kerfed port tuned to the res. frequency. Ill also be building door pods for 2 sets of RSD's in my doors. Then i think ill be set for a few months.

Pk this has been a while. I got better #s with 45hz at around 3 cubes(2 subs). But i need to go bigger with the port. I need a lot more port space. Also, i am going to be building a single sub box. Im going to be trying something a little different for trunks. Im gonna do port back sub sideways. Im curious to see how this turns out. Ive still got the 20.1 but it shoudl give the sub a good 2400 at .5 ohm. I know they were a lot louder when i dropped my amp to .25ohm. But that was for short bursts of music.

So wait...what do you have?
2 10 HDCs and 20.1?

In a trunk car?

What numbers are you doing now?
Yes, Yes, and a weak 143.xx

And yes ik, im sure i could fart louder than that. Its really the car holding me back the most.

Sealing off the trunk and firing sub/port forward works really well...ask wildsebring on here, I think he ended up with mid 151's outlaw,with a single 12" Soundstream SPL-X and a pair of SAZ-1500's.

Thats not bad for legal.

I was doing like 143-144ish with 1 15R in my Civic with a SS2000.

Im gonna be getting going with my new Civic project soon, few new designs im gonna try out that should work nicely.

How you firing them now?

Yehh, you could prolly get close too that...trunk cars **** balls sealed up though, from my testing....too bad you dont have USACI or MECA up there....kick that door open and BAM, 2 -3db gain haha

Id try subs forward, ports drivers side...and box as far back as you can get it....and try subs back port side with same box by flipping it around , etc....one of those should work out

Be easier with more power too haha, but you could get it with good box.

Well at .25 im prolly getting close to an actual 2k after imp. rise(depending on voltage drop). We do have meca up here but not very often. The problem with boxes for me is i dont have very much space to move the box after i mount the amps. And i dont want to mount them on the box. So idk where to mount them. I may end up buying a blazer soon tho. Then the db's will come, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.