Single din HU with adjustable subwoofer settings?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pkoblish

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently picked up a boss audio single din with the flipout screen and was disappointed to find out it had no subwoofer settings. Adjusting the eq for the speakers would make my subwoofer crazy quiet. My old HU had a subwoofer level adjustment, where If I turned low frequencies off on the door speakers, it wouldn't interfere with the subwoofer at all. Anyone know a good single din HU with adjustable EQ with separate sub controls? Flipout would be preferred just for ease of use - Or cheap double dins so I can afford a conversion kit for my truck. I know double dins are much more advanced now, and If there was one that wouldn't break the bank I'd be interested.

Boss and disappointed are pretty much synonymous. Check out the Sony lineup. I've had great results with those. JVC should be safe as well as they share just about everything with Kenwood.

Best bet is to call up Crutchfield and tell them specifically what features are important to you, they are very good and will support and stand behind what they sell. They should be able to point you in the direction of a few choices that will do what you want at a price you can bear.

Yeah don’t skip past Sony. I have one that’s about 8-10 years old and it has sub level, sub x over on just the sub RCA outputs, then separate high pass x over for the front / rear, 7 band eq, etc. Been a great head unit. I would have never bought it, it came in a car I bought and it’s been my favorite head unit. No Bluetooth, but USB port which my phone still streams through fine, and aux in which is still handy. Last I looked Sony had some decent offerings with great features along side the other big brands.

Which ever you buy, just look up the features thoroughly first to make sure it does what you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...