Single 12" in ext cab s-10

Your sub is firing right into the port opening.
no port pas sub drivers. it works best for numbers and even sound. never have i had the port that close to the sub i usually use aeros.

Wh1teboy- did you use one of the computer program to design that box? the reas im asking is because i want to build something similar but i dont want to do the math to figure out the interior volume if the box.
i tossed it into torres for him

Hopefully get it finished up tomorrow afternoon, this week has been terrible busy. Been home for about 3 hours all week, at least waking hours.

2 things, first: nice work, second: lucky kid, wish somebody gave me stereo stuff haha
I didn't really give him anything, he bought the sub and will have to buy an amp or buy that one from me. I guess the wire but I had that laying around.

All three of my kids work during the summer, it is about a solid month of work, no days off, around 6-7 hour days in the field. They aren't home yet today so it has been almost 10 hours. It is called detassling, basically pull the tassle off all the female corn in a field of seed corn. They start the year they are 12 as of Jan 1st.

I was going to put a couple of window braces in where btw the baffle and port wall(again see red lines), but I screwed up and put the back on so now I can't get to the port wall to attach the braces to it. What should I do, not worry about bracing, just nail where I can and use only glue where I can't nail?

Hmmm you will be fine since you're only running 400 watts. If it is really going to bother you though, you can just use a wooden dowel or two.

Some more box build pics.

0805121524a.jpg

Did end up putting in a brace btw the baffle and the port wall. Router ed the edges of the openings. I'm sure overkill and a waste of time, but oh well. I figured between nailing three edges and a couple nails in the fourth it should do a little something.

0805121523a.jpg

45s in all the corners.

0805121523b.jpg

5/16 brass ready rod for through box wiring.

0805121523.jpg

0805121523c.jpg

Got the top on

0805121604.jpg

Ran the router over every edge of the box.

0805121604a.jpg

Made a piece to mount the amp and fuse holder to. It isn't screwed down or anything but it doesn't seem to want to move around. Cleaned up the wiring a little. 2 feet of 8awg short of getting it done today.

0805121827.jpg

0805121827a.jpg

0805121828.jpg

Put a couple of pieces on the bottom to raise it up a little to put a little space btw the amp and the box.

0805121948.jpg

All done, except for finishing the box, gonna try it for a while and see how it is. I don't know it doesn't sound quite right to me, but I haven't really listened to a good stereo in a while. It is a lot louder, and sounds better than the prefab box it was in. I might run by the local shop and have a couple guys there take a listen and see what they think. I do think he needs to get a powered eq for the front speakers. One thing about the way it is all mounted is it is hard to adjust the amp, but I knew that when I was doing it, there just wasn't a lot of options, I didn't want it on top of the box. When his seat is in the normal position you can't see any of the components, only the top of the box, so it shouldn't draw to much attention.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.