Single 12" in ext cab s-10

Make the hole a little bigger on your first piece and use it as a flush mount. Cover your hole you have now with that flush mount piece, and put the sub away from the port mouth inside the box.

ahhhhh i shouldhave went over a little bit more than i did.... you should be fine with that but it will unload pretty easily. thats the only issue with it. had i been thinking i wouldhave had you do a zig zag port near the pas. side.

Make the hole a little bigger on your first piece and use it as a flush mount. Cover your hole you have now with that flush mount piece, and put the sub away from the port mouth inside the box.
then it wouldnt be even sounding for both pass/driver. i kow my trucks.....just didnt go over this precise design

ahhhhh i should have went over a little bit more than i did....
Which way? Also it could have gone a lot further to the driver side, but the seat belt was in the way.

you should be fine with that but it will unload pretty easily. that's the only issue with it. had i been thinking i would have had you do a zig zag port near the pas. side.
Well he will be running quite a bit of power, if it doesn't work we can always build another box.

Which way? Also it could have gone a lot further to the driver side, but the seat belt was in the way.

Well he will be running quite a bit of power, if it doesn't work we can always build another box.
ill get on it for you after i do murderlaunche's box....

ill get on it for you after i do murderlaunche's box....
Unless it is terrible I probably wont do anything with it for a while. I HAVE to get my other boy's truck going before doing anything else.

Your sub is firing right into the port opening.
No it is firing into the port wall, or at least about 2/3rds of it. I think the entire motor was in front of the port wall, if that makes sense. I was more worried about the fact there is only about 3" of clearance btw the sub and the port wall. Maybe I need to take a pic from a better angle.

then it wouldn't be even sounding for both pass/driver. i know my trucks.....just didn't go over this precise design
Well I didn't pay you to design me a box, you guys just helped me sort out a few things, all on me. I should have looked at it a little better myself. I didn't even think of it when I was marking where to put the sub.

So what if I put another board at the end of the port at an angle(see red line), should help with the unloading, but what would it do to the tuning?

So what if I put another board at the end of the port at an angle(see red line), should help with the unloading, but what would it do to the tuning?
could but it wouldnt load the port correctly and could throw off tuning. that box should be fine though.... or you coule flop it around and have sub/port on the driver if its that much concerning.

could but it wouldnt load the port correctly and could throw off tuning.
That's what thought.

that box should be fine though.... or you coule flop it around and have sub/port on the driver if its that much concerning.
Not to concerned about it just thinking, inside the box I guess.

Wh1teboy- did you use one of the computer program to design that box? the reas im asking is because i want to build something similar but i dont want to do the math to figure out the interior volume if the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.