Single 12, loud and sq oriented? Please help!

Do you want SPL or SQ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
A bit of both but more on the SPL side. Ive had quite a few SQ subs and want to change it up now. Plus my gas tank in my trunk makes it tough to get bass through.

The type r's are not "bad" some ppl just favor others. My advice to you is get what you want. The type r can be loud and sound good if done right as can the other subs suggested. It's really going to come down to your execution of the project. So worry less about which sub you will use and worry more about how you will use it for best results.

The type r's are not "bad" some ppl just favor others. My advice to you is get what you want. The type r can be loud and sound good if done right as can the other subs suggested. It's really going to come down to your execution of the project. So worry less about which sub you will use and worry more about how you will use it for best results.
Well my car is setup how I want it now from my components to amps to head unit. I have everything wired and mounted just need to change my subwoofer. The amp will be the MRP M-650 Alpine still, whatever will work best off 600 watts in a relatively good sized box.

Also if I go sealed, would the phoenix gold still sound good? How big of a box should I go with? Ported is always louder though correct?

Also if I go sealed, would the phoenix gold still sound good? How big of a box should I go with? Ported is always louder though correct?
Ported is louder yes, and requires less power to get loud. The phoenix will sound good in ported or sealed.

These are two rsdc124 in like a box tuned to 28hz in some guys mustang. not bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.