Simple system check

xman111

Hey guys, longtime lurker, just registered. Wanted to see if I am choosing good components for a build in my 2014 Subaru Outback. I won't be having a sub, as we use the vehicle to lug my kids skiing, camping, etc.

Head Unit:

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Front Components:

Imagine I61-2V2 6.5" Component / Coaxial Speaker Set - 12v Electronics

Amp:

JL Audio JX360/2 2-channel car amplifier — 110 watts RMS x 2 at Crutchfield.com

Already bought the head unit. hoping this stuff goes well together, any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Probably not, never owned JL stuff, but I know they make pretty good stuff that costs a lot more than it should. $179 isn't a bad deal for something like that. I, personally, am not a fan of running stuff everyone else has. Having said that, I have no doubt you'll be happy with the amp and, if needed, customer support Crutchfield provides.

Never heard either. Reviews I've read, everyone loves HAT speakers, though I don't think you'd be disappointed in the JLs either. Imagines are less, so I'd go with that. Those aren't the only options though. B2 ref is also in that price range, supposed to be nice. Also look at CDT speakers, they always have a clearance section as well.

I live in Canada so my choices are limited and pricing *****. . I can get

HATS for $375

JL Audio C3 for $275

Hertz ESK165.4 for $200

Polk db6501 for $225

These are in Canadian dollars with warranty, not off eBay or anything. Any others I should consider? Or what is the best deal?

Definitely not the Polks. What you should do, unless you can actually listen to them, is find reviews on each set. Most of the time, you can gauge if the set is in your direction by reading a good amount of reviews. For instance, if most people say the set has plenty of midbass...it probably does. If most people say it lacks the top end...it probably does. Once you've done that, see if what you've read is justified in the price difference.

So CDT won't ship to Canada? I know they offer extended 5yr warranty for just $10 more.

I live in Canada so my choices are limited and pricing *****. . I can get
HATS for $375

JL Audio C3 for $275

Hertz ESK165.4 for $200

Polk db6501 for $225

These are in Canadian dollars with warranty, not off eBay or anything. Any others I should consider? Or what is the best deal?
That's a easy one. HAT all day. Now if you where looking at C5s or HSKs it would be harder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.