Simple simple question... "do you think..."

Participant count
  • Participant list

LimPerT
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright fellas, its been a while since ive been on the board but Im thinking about changing up the sub.

Right now i have a total audiobahn setup... i know alot of you ladies frown upon audiobahn, but its cheap. I like 10's, and right now i have an audiobahn "spl" 10 in a sealed box... yea sealed (audiobahn claims the sub is fine in a sealed box but they prefer ported) . See the thing is im too lazy/cheap to buy a good box for this cheap sub. Building a box is out of the question, i stay too busy. I want something a little louder with better quality. (dont we all)

The amp i have is right here : http://www1.uk.shopping.com/xPF-Audiobahn-A8000T

^ currently have it wired at 2 ohms (800w rms)

I cant recall the exact sub model, but its an audiobahn in a small sealed box that handles about "800" watts rms.

Anyways... I was looking to buy this sub/box combo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-VS10L5-SUB-BOX-W-10-L5-CAR-SUBWOOFER-S10L5-NEW_W0QQitemZ140085247398QQihZ004QQcategoryZ39772QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do you think this would sound alot better than what i currently have? Im not totally set on changing up what i have cause money is an issue, i just figured that i couldnt go wrong with kicker. Lemme know what you think

- David:nutskick:

Here's a useful comment:

anything's going to be an upgrade from your audiobahn crap (you won't need to double check this, it's a universal fact); especially kicker.

all ******** aside, if you want a better sub with an OK box around that price range; then buy it. can't go wrong w/ the free shipping either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.