Simple, Secure Alarm

Jtsky
10+ year member

FLA
I want to get an alarm for my car. I dont need remote start or window roll up/down, although I do want trunk open. I think I want to go with the viper 1000. Is that a good choice for my needs? I also want to add a proximity sensor, tilt sensor, and a battery backup siren (or two). How much should I expect to pay for a setup like this (parts and labor) from a reputable shop? There is an alarm on there already, but there is something wrong with it. It goes through batteries in the remotes like crazy, so I would want them to take that alarm off. I guess some stuff would already have wires run, so would that alarm being there (and having to remove it) make the job overall easier or harder?

I would remove the old alarm completely and reinstall the new one. For what your looking for you should be able to do all that for a few hundred dollars. If you have prox and your shock sensor hooked up you really dont need the tilt sensor, but that is up to you. If you do the install yourself you should be able to get out the door for 200-250 dollars.

I want to have it installed. With those sensors, and removing the alarm system that is already there, and setting up trunk open how much should I expect to pay for a good install? Can anyone tell me more about battery backup sirens? I believe they have a small battery in them and they go off if the main power is cut. Is this right?

On the dei website they talk about the newest type of antenna they use which has alot better range. How much better is the range on this antanna? Which alarm should I ask for to get those features?

I want to have it installed. With those sensors, and removing the alarm system that is already there, and setting up trunk open how much should I expect to pay for a good install? Can anyone tell me more about battery backup sirens? I believe they have a small battery in them and they go off if the main power is cut. Is this right?
On the dei website they talk about the newest type of antenna they use which has alot better range. How much better is the range on this antanna? Which alarm should I ask for to get those features?
From local shops ive seen most will uninstall the unit for free but expect to pay anywhere from 100-150 for the basic alarm install(assuming your going with a 2 way system). then expect to pay about a half hour worth of labor(varys from shop to shop, probably around 30 dollars) per extra item you add on. And yes battery backups do provide power if the main battery is disconnected. Usually one or two should do, more than that is overkill IMO. And i am using one of the new dei systems(python 990) and it has much better range than my python 881xp did. 881xp i could get probably 200 feet in a parking lot(alot of different factors impact this though) but with the 990 i can easily get upwards of 1000. Either the 881xp or 990 will be able to do what you want, and if you are not looking for remote start you might be better off finding a two way system w/o it. Ive heard good things from compustar but never had any hands on experience.

Well, I dont want a whole battery backup, I was looking at sirens that included a small battery backup. Do they have that?

And I would only want a 2 way if I could get one without a screen. I dont want to draw attention to my keys.

Is there anyway to have my windows automatically roll up when I arm the alarm. I just want them to roll up if they are down. I dont need to be able to control them from the remote. There is another function of the car I want to map the same way, except everytime I arm the alarm they need to be closed, and everytime I disarm the alarm they need to open. Can one alarm control both of these?

Is there anyway to have my windows automatically roll up when I arm the alarm. I just want them to roll up if they are down. I dont need to be able to control them from the remote. There is another function of the car I want to map the same way, except everytime I arm the alarm they need to be closed, and everytime I disarm the alarm they need to open. Can one alarm control both of these?
Ive never heard of anything like this, only the remote window roll up/down. Im sure there is a way, probably will take quite a bit of work and an experienced installer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.