Simple Question: What screw do I use to mount a subwoofer to the MDF enclosure?

I know it's a simply stupid question but I am not 100% sure the best screw that will hold the best for a 10" sub to a 3/4" MDF enclosure.

Wood Screws?

Drywall Screws?

Something else?

Also how long should they be??? 3/4" length? more? less?

Thanks so much for the info.

I would get some t-nuts and socket head cap screws

T-Nut

120c4156-9ea3-4bfb-af9d-aafc308267a9_1000.jpg

Socket Head Cap Screw

8909f610-a92c-4275-84c5-2c855f574a7e_1000.jpg

For the screws I would use 1" to 1-3/4", whatever is easier/cheaper for you

I usually drill my holes, fill it with some bondo, and put in the screws before it hardens. It creates a perfect seal.

The type of screw I use are 1" security screws.
6-lobe_1.JPG

Depends on sub. Most of the stuff listed above is over kill for what most guys run. I am not saying they are bad bc they are most definitely no. It's like running 2 runs of 0 gauge for a bazooka powered sub. 3/4" or 1" course thread dry wall screws. Be sure to angle the screw slightly away from the sub. Be careful as it's easy to slip and puncture the surround.

I like drywall screws because the neck of the screw is flat and rests flat against the gasket. It's wise to drill a slightly smaller hole where you will put the screw. This helps with screw alignment and prevent wood splitting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.