Subwoofer rumbling sound, bad amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pulledup

MA
Hey guys, I really wish I found this form before I purchased my sub and amp.

Just last night I put in:

Alpine MRV-M500 Mono subwoofer amplifier - 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

Pioneer Ts-swx310 12" Shallow Series Preloaded Enclosure

Picked up both brand new on amazon for $260 with brand new wiring and put it in fresh last night.

However the sound is just not what I want it to be despite reviews and videos of that Shallow Series that look and sound really good. I can't seem to find the best settings for the amp but I have toyed with it enough so I basically know all the settings and nothing is giving me the hit you in the chest bass.

The bass is good but it just rumbles and rattles almost, not really distorted just not like a full bass hit.

Most definitely the enclosure... but don't feel too bad. I can name 10x as many people that have started with less just to get it upfront that really research it to see exactly what they wanted/needed.

Also, you're only getting 300 watts out of that amp at 4 ohms. Also, please turn down your gain (in the general ballpark is a start!) to match the cd player/headunits RCA output voltage. If your JVC/Sony/Pioneer/Kenwood/Fockrowd Sogfate/Lanzar radio is a 4v RCA out, match that to the best of your ability to the amp to keep clipping down on that Pioneer and just making a trunk heater.

your going to need a lot more than that for chest feeling man. A LOT more. Here's another disappointing secret of car audio, even when you achieve a system thats chest pounding, within a certain period of time, your body gets used to it and your going to need a much bigger system just to get achieve it again. Its a downward spiral man. my current setup now normal non-bass people say they cant breath on the basslines but i dont feel ***** lol.

your going to need a lot more than that for chest feeling man. A LOT more. Here's another disappointing secret of car audio, even when you achieve a system thats chest pounding, within a certain period of time, your body gets used to it and your going to need a much bigger system just to get achieve it again. Its a downward spiral man. my current setup now normal non-bass people say they cant breath on the basslines but i dont feel ***** lol.
I know what you mean... I can sit happily with it pretty much maxed out and do whatever while everyone else is all "WTFOMGSTAAHP" earmuffing it over in the other seats...

that aside, try checking your grounds are they clean and solid?, Are your terminals on the batteries real tight? lastsly, try switching the pos and negatives of the sub's wire on the amp.
For the ground I strpped the wire and twisted it underneath a heavy bolt thats in my seat, it seems solid. My battery terminals are tight also. I'll try that but idk.

It's just not how a brand new pioneer sub should sound, like even if the acoustics are crappy and I don't have the right settings the thing still isn't hitting bass correctly. In songs my friend manages on his 10' that is some random chinese brand this song skips over or sounds awful, it can't hit the low notes like it should. I have a stereo in my room thats more pounding than this. This is just a rumbling that muffles the music and makes me deaf, I can feel the rumble but it's not a HIT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.