Simple box for (2) SA-12's

Participant count
  • Participant list

DS Autosports
10+ year member

I LIKE SOUND!!!
BFN, NC
So I get a call from a guy about a month ago wanting to replace his interior speakers and crappy dual hu. He already has a hu, type r coaxials (front/back), and a amp that he wants to run the interiors on until he got another amp and sub. Since he was strapped for cash and assuming he had a small amp (~150-300wrms) I offered him a Hypnotic Hzq (used/temporary sub) and my kenwood KDC-1702 to push his interiors. He liked the price and we scheduled a date for the install. When he showed up and opened the trunk to get the equipment; he had the type r's, but a crappy sony hu:eyebrow:, and this monster MA hc4002 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Long story short after installing everything and sending him on his way; he calls me a few days later and tells me the sub isn't working and his car smells horrible...I asked if he had messed with the setup and he denied doing anything except for pulling the box out to get to his spare tire. I told him to bring the car in so I can check it out. And you guessed it, he wired the sub wrong when placing the box back in the car. He bridged the amp which when bridged produces a whopping ~4000wrms and fried the sh*t out of the sub. He was upset, but I offered to take the box and sub as a partial trade toward a new setup.

So I'm building a box for two SA-12's: 2.5cuft net @ 40hz....Having problems with photobucket, will post pics soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks that's a typo, its tuned to 40hz and he's pushing about 50-100wrms over recommended. Plus I wanted to see what response I get. What amp are you using?

well the build isnt for me, its for another guy...but i believe he'll be using a hifonics 1200wt....i wish he had somethin bigger so we could see what this bad boy will do...

The HC4002 was an awesome amp...didn't do rated, but it was very strong and nice clean a/b power. I had one for a few years and tried it on many setups, always impressed.

Sorry for the delay with pics. We had to move the install a few times, but I finally finished...I still have to loom some wire, but his gf was rushing the hell out of us so we'll take care of another day...

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.