Silverado doors. 5 sets of boston SR components.

Participant count
  • Participant list

kylediablo
10+ year member

17 & certified
i thought i would post this in a separate build log besides my main thread just incase anyone wanted ideas for ther own GM door panels since this is a popular interior.

Speakers...... 4 sets of Boston Acoustics SR60s and a mid from a SR50. ( the tweeter will be mounted in the wall with another set of SR50's

rebuild016.jpg

the point of no return!

rebuild001.jpg

baffles out of 1/4" mdf....

rebuild005.jpg

ready for glass

rebuild026.jpg

ther will be black plexi inserts over the speakers. i didnt want to have to make rings that wer this complex so i attached 1/2" templates that will be back filled with everglass.

rebuild028.jpg

the process.

rebuild030.jpg

pop them out and this is what you get..... the long strand everglass is good for this becasue of the large build up... also it is very strong so i can get away with such thin edges.

rebuild031.jpg

rebuild032.jpg

this piece will cover up the stock cloth insert. i used 1/4" lexan that i sanded down. the reason i used somthing clear (and lexan cuz its stronger than plexi) is becasue it will be covered in laser perforated suede. when you backlight that....it looks amazing.

i also superglued bolts in place to attach it to the door

rebuild033.jpg

painted the back white so more light will reflect. i masked off areas that LEDS will be

rebuild036.jpg

here it is wrapped.......i couldnt avoid the seam. so i improvised with some stock Velour.

rebuild038.jpg

the top insert. 3/32" plexi that will have the back painted black.

rebuild041.jpg

bottom insert

rebuild042.jpg

the lower insert will have my logo masked off on the back when i paint it. i will frost this and backlight it.

rebuild043.jpg

rebuild045.jpg

rebuild047.jpg

Done except for the logo. (got impatient and messed up the paint, il redo it later)

rebuild039.jpg

meanwhile 9515rob is runnin his shok thru the stang in my messy *** garage haha

rebuild040.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.