Silverado - Adding OE NAV

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mossyoakglock

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2008 Silverado with the Bose system and the 6-disc/MP3 radio. 

I have a GM OEM NAV radio for the Bose system that I am trying to install in my truck for mainly the backup camera. I had the unit flashed to accept my VIN and have everything connect except the backup camera (purple plug, black plug, radio antenna and GPS antenna). 

The unit powers on and all lights work and it displays the clock like it does when the radio is off. But, the unit will not turn on. I've tried disconnecting the battery, resetting the CANbus but nothing works. Has anybody every installed factory NAV on a non-Nav unit and got it to work?

Any suggestions as to why it's not powering on. The company that flashed the radio said it power up and worked just fine on their bench. 

I have a 2008 Silverado with the Bose system and the 6-disc/MP3 radio. 

I have a GM OEM NAV radio for the Bose system that I am trying to install in my truck for mainly the backup camera. I had the unit flashed to accept my VIN and have everything connect except the backup camera (purple plug, black plug, radio antenna and GPS antenna). 

The unit powers on and all lights work and it displays the clock like it does when the radio is off. But, the unit will not turn on. I've tried disconnecting the battery, resetting the CANbus but nothing works. Has anybody every installed factory NAV on a non-Nav unit and got it to work?

Any suggestions as to why it's not powering on. The company that flashed the radio said it power up and worked just fine on their bench. 
you may want to check out a gm specific forum. most of the folks around here that have your same vehicle (or similar) have aftermarket stuff stem to stern

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.