SIA 3500? Any Experience With this Amp

Bobbytwonames
5,000+ posts

Trigger Man!
Vegas
I don’t like buying the same amp for two vehicles. But, I don't have a lot of room for a Korean. So, I decided to purchase the Sundown SIA 3500 for my recently purchased 8's. I have to run them at two ohm. I couldn't find dual 4's, so, dual 2's it is. The SIA is rated 3K at 2 ohms. I will be running lithium due to having a small alt. Does anybody have experience with this amp? Sub?
Screenshot_20210404-204950_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210324-214936_Chrome.jpg

Sfb line essentially discontinued. I'm sure dealers have more then enough stock for several months if not more but it looks like sundown won't be importing any more and focusing on the SIA amps as a replacement. I picked up a sia3500d about a month ago and I have no complaints it's been great thus far.
Screenshot_20210703-204054_Facebook.jpg

"Comparable SIA used for warranty" is not much consolation for those of us trying to run multiple amps. I wonder how quick all the other brands selling these boards are going to do the same?

I have two SIA3500's and love them so far. The guy at Down 4 Sound told me that the SIA line uses a similar board (Korean) to the Sundown SALT line of amps, but obviously smaller. I definitely noticed a difference in sound quality switching from the SFB3K to the SIA3500.

I bought a 5k sfb for my sons truck. Runing 4 sa 8s dual 2s at 1 ohm and the sfb amp lasted 3 days. Local audio shop is sending back for warranty. So what amp will they be sending me? Sundown dont make a 5k sia amp.

I started my rma for my sfb8k April 15th and they literally just shipped me the replacement last night should be here tomorrow I expected it back months ago..my whole "sundown had the best warranty" experience was less then ideal but it is what it is
I don't know if they are overwhelmed or what but they kept emailing me thinking it was a subwoofer I had sent in I had to keep sending screenshots of our correspondence because they didn't have any of it
The sia3500 I've had hooked up is going strong but it's also being ran at 2 ohms so any fuggin amp ran at 2 ohms should be

I bought a 5k sfb for my sons truck. Runing 4 sa 8s dual 2s at 1 ohm and the sfb amp lasted 3 days. Local audio shop is sending back for warranty. So what amp will they be sending me? Sundown dont make a 5k sia amp.

The SIA3500 should be plenty strong for those 4 - 8's. I'm currently powering my 4 - 8's with a SIA3500 and it blows peoples minds. The Outlaw score was 148.5 @ 32 hz. Sundown will be releasing a SIA5500 very shortly.

I started my rma for my sfb8k April 15th and they literally just shipped me the replacement last night should be here tomorrow I expected it back months ago..my whole "sundown had the best warranty" experience was less then ideal but it is what it is
I don't know if they are overwhelmed or what but they kept emailing me thinking it was a subwoofer I had sent in I had to keep sending screenshots of our correspondence because they didn't have any of it
The sia3500 I've had hooked up is going strong but it's also being ran at 2 ohms so any fuggin amp ran at 2 ohms should be

Was your SFB8K stuck in protect mode? I'm currently running two SIA3500's. One at 1 ohm and the other at two ohms. My SFB3500 was stuck in protect mode and Down4Sound let me upgrade to the SIA3500 for $30. They sent the SFB back to Sundown and apparently it just needed to cool off to come out of protect mode. They said the amp was fine.

Why were you corresponding with Sundown on that? When one of mine was having problems I just took it to the shop I bought it from and they sorted me right out.

So you had a sfb 8k and they sent a sia 3500 to replace a 8k???? What the hell?
No. I purchased a sia3500d in the interim for a different vehicle while I awaited the return of my 8k
I got a brand new in the box sfb8k today I had only sent in my amp in a different box so I still have another sfb 8k box, manual, allen keys, and bass knob and cable that I have no use for.
I've already got someone buying the 8k from me. Not sure what will replace it yet don't have the money for a Korean 8k too many house projects going on right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...