SIA 3500? Any Experience With this Amp

No. I purchased a sia3500d in the interim for a different vehicle while I awaited the return of my 8k
I got a brand new in the box sfb8k today I had only sent in my amp in a different box so I still have another sfb 8k box, manual, allen keys, and bass knob and cable that I have no use for.
I've already got someone buying the 8k from me. Not sure what will replace it yet don't have the money for a Korean 8k too many house projects going on right now.

Sundown is going to be releasing an SIA8500 pretty soon.

I really must be an idiot. Ive got the same amp but for the life of me i cant figure out how to set the gains. I cant afford a dd1 or an oscilloscope so im trying to do it with a dmm. Ive already figured out the math and know the number i see on the dmm. However when i go to set the gain control the numbers bounce all over the place instead of going up slowly like they should. Im using a -5db 40hz test tone with all bass boosts off and lpf all the way down and hpf all the way up. Hu at ¾ of max volume and bass knob all the way up. Am i doing something wrong? How did everyone else set their gains. Im pushing 2 U series 12s d4 wired at 1ohm. I could really use some help here. I was having the same difficulty with my smart 3k as well.

Use the third one over for around 3500 watts, that calculator should tell you it should be set at roughly 59-60 volts if you are running 1 ohm that is which is what my subwoofers are wired for. I was actually able to go higher before it clipped iirc I am set at almost 68-70 volts. Leave the HPF alone as well. Continue using the 40hz test tone as well I do mine with a 0db via bluetooth and also via cd and both end up the same numbers on the DMM.

lot's of videos out there for setting via dmm

I really must be an idiot. Ive got the same amp but for the life of me i cant figure out how to set the gains. I cant afford a dd1 or an oscilloscope so im trying to do it with a dmm. Ive already figured out the math and know the number i see on the dmm. However when i go to set the gain control the numbers bounce all over the place instead of going up slowly like they should. Im using a -5db 40hz test tone with all bass boosts off and lpf all the way down and hpf all the way up. Hu at ¾ of max volume and bass knob all the way up. Am i doing something wrong? How did everyone else set their gains. Im pushing 2 U series 12s d4 wired at 1ohm. I could really use some help here. I was having the same difficulty with my smart 3k as well.

I don't know if this will help you but this is how mine is setup. I usually set mine up with the bass know at 50%. Then I can add or lower the bass for different songs. I just set everything up by ear also.

Screenshot_20210811-184252_Gallery.jpg

the slope of the crossovers and the fact that the amp is full range makes using the crossovers on the amp almost impossible for good sound driving subwoofers.Turn your LFP up and use the crossover on your source (headunit probably), 80hz and below etc….. turn the HPF (or “subsonic” for our application) to the lowest possible setting. I believe it’s 10hz but I don’t have it in front of me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...