should i get a 12w7 jlaudio or 12 juggernaut.

i put a thread about that pg sub i think.

search for like "**** JL" or somethign like that, i might have put a link too, but forgot.

what are ed k speakers and pg? Does anyone have web sites for edk speakers and pg? Or how about brahma. Thanks guys. Sounds like thers no w7 supporters in here. Why?

I will probally get shot down for saying this but, if price is not an issue i see no reason not to buy the W7 It gets praised in every catagorey. NO its not going to put up 170+ Db but he is using it for a daily driver. I have talked with a lot of people that 1 12W7 was too much for their listening tastes. Yes they are pricy but if money is no concern go with the best technology out there right now. Just my 2 cents.

-John

not contradicting anyones sayings, but why isnt the w7 a comeptition sub? I knows it has really good sq, but i know it is loud. I've heard on 13" and it pounded. Rangerman has a WR with his single 12" and im thinking a w7 might take an A out. I'm competing with 2 12"s, RE SE's, and i know w7's are better in every aspect. I just think they could be competed with, although you might not see many cause people who buy them arnt into it...

Originally posted by mgaidica not contradicting anyones sayings, but why isnt the w7 a comeptition sub? I knows it has really good sq, but i know it is loud. I've heard on 13" and it pounded. Rangerman has a WR with his single 12" and im thinking a w7 might take an A out. I'm competing with 2 12"s, RE SE's, and i know w7's are better in every aspect. I just think they could be competed with, although you might not see many cause people who buy them arnt into it...
why pay so much for W7s when you could get something else that would beat it in SPL? b/c something like the brahma can beat it in SPL supposedly...they get daily driving loud, but not winning world championships loud...

-nate

Originally posted by nswartley why pay so much for W7s when you could get something else that would beat it in SPL? b/c something like the brahma can beat it in SPL supposedly...they get daily driving loud, but not winning world championships loud...

-nate

I fully understand their price is a lot and they are not all out SPL machines, but like DonKing, he's just a guy with 2 w7's and he's competing. I'm just trying to say that if you have them, or get them you still DO have a chance at winning...

Originally posted by mgaidica I fully understand their price is a lot and they are not all out SPL machines, but like DonKing, he's just a guy with 2 w7's and he's competing. I'm just trying to say that if you have them, or get them you still DO have a chance at winning...
oh there is no doubt about that, but if you are doing strictly comps its not worth it. for daily/driving + comps, its great. as great as a brahma or xxx? thats up to you.

-nate

I'll be a W7 supporter. I had 2 10W7s and they got stolen. Guess what, once I get all my **** together again I will have 2 10W7s again. Pricey... maybe. But like seriously they were extremely impressive. People would sit in my car and guess I had either a couple of 15s or 4 12s or some **** when I showed them how long itll go... and then you can blow their minds with the sound quality on like fast bass note songs. I thought about it for a long time and maybe, maybe there is a better 10 inch woofer out there, but I have issues with not being able to go see the product I am getting and have a guranteed warranty through a dealer. A lot of the names of the stuff you see thrown around a lot on this forum: adire audio, resonant engineering, ID MAX ... I have never seen a store that carries any of that stuff and I live in one of the most major cities in the United States. If it's so great, why doesn't it exist to the public.

As far as competition goes ... Ill agree W7s werent made for competitions. My old system, planet audio 2 12s and amp in a big ol ported box wasted it in SPL, yeah and it also sounded like A$$ in comparison. Meanwhile the W7s can definitely handle their own especially with a ton of good clean power. I'm definitely looking at the jl 1000/1 W7 cobination once I get some money together ...

So to sum that up, yeah if you want a great all around speaker and no hassles of ordering, I'd definitely recommend the W7, especially if money is no object:)

Originally posted by mr4pto I'll be a W7 supporter. I had 2 10W7s and they got stolen. Guess what, once I get all my **** together again I will have 2 10W7s again. Pricey... maybe. But like seriously they were extremely impressive. People would sit in my car and guess I had either a couple of 15s or 4 12s or some **** when I showed them how long itll go... and then you can blow their minds with the sound quality on like fast bass note songs. I thought about it for a long time and maybe, maybe there is a better 10 inch woofer out there, but I have issues with not being able to go see the product I am getting and have a guranteed warranty through a dealer. A lot of the names of the stuff you see thrown around a lot on this forum: adire audio, resonant engineering, ID MAX ... I have never seen a store that carries any of that stuff and I live in one of the most major cities in the United States. If it's so great, why doesn't it exist to the public.
ugh....here we go.

you say that people get in your car and say that you have '4 15s' etc...people who estimate the amount and size of subs you have dont know anything because it is all in the install....have you seen the video where a guy has 2 6.5s and ports them in a perfect box and then he has people say they 'sound like 15s' when they get in his car? its irrelevant...its all in the install and what people think is often stupid and uneducated becasue anything in the right box can sound like a 'bunch of 15s.'

why arent things like adire in stores? well, where do companies have to get their start, bud? you cant just make a product and have it go directly to kmart/bb/cc or you local audio store. if they are so good then why arent they there? b/c its not that easy to get there! they are relatively new companies and you cant jump into the car audio scene with the snap of your fingers. stupid, stupid point.

dont get me wrong, the W7s are great subs for SQL but are overpriced. they will not win you comps, but they will impress your friends b/c they are loud and everyone's grandmothers son-in-law has JL.

sorry if i came off as harsh but the points you made were just flat out ignorant and uneducated.

-nate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.