should I change the name of SECOND SKIN ?

ifandorbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
phx
I want to have the domain name of the web site match up with the name of the product. Secondskin.com .,net us. ca. tv org ...thier all taken

so I was thinking

Sonic Skin

This way I can keep the same logo and get the domain name

http://www.sonicskin is still available

let em kow whatcha think.

IF you guys dig, I will change it

I think now would be a good time since I am still int the begining stages of this product.

ANT

Originally posted by ifandorbuts I want to have the domain name of the web site match up with the name of the product. Secondskin.com .,net us. ca. tv org ...thier all taken

so I was thinking

Sonic Skin

This way I can keep the same logo and get the domain name

http://www.sonicskin is still available

let em kow whatcha think.

IF you guys dig, I will change it

I think now would be a good time since I am still int the begining stages of this product.

ANT
Sonic Skin...sounds good to me. I personally think it goes with the logo better. Even though there was nothing wrong with Second Skin.

- Steve

personally i think you should stop asking us what we think lol

im not gonna buy a product that doesnt work because of a cool name, so just make sure it works good and you should be worry free...

Violator.. Give him a chance. nobody invented anything worth a **** that didn't have issues or needed to be revamped at some point.. He has already tested it in his own ride and has deemed it worthy to try in the audio market. Now he has offered to give some away for product analysis by unbiased (or so I hope) people from here. Everyone that gets into this hobby knows how much damping material costs and not all of us are willing to give up the first born for a 13 sq ft roll.. I am perfectly willing to use a slightly inferior product to save a ton of money...(not that SS is but you get my meaning).. There are always risks with new products.. If you are skeptical don't by it. If it turns out you were right in not buying it then you can rub all of our noses in it.. If not well then thats your choice..

Hmm I didn't start this with the intention of lecturing anyone..

I am sorry for the ramblings.

Mike

Originally posted by violator5spd im not gonna buy a product that doesnt work because of a cool name, so just make sure it works good and you should be worry free...
Ah yes, but the name influences so many people. It's pretty much a marketing name:)

Would I have bought this product if it wasnt given to me for free? Probably not. Why? Because no one had given a review and I didnt know if it worked or not.

Every review I do is unbiased. I had a guy on AOL go to me, "So your review was biased hunh..." I didnt really apprciate that at all...if a product doesnt work I will say so :)cough: audiomobile :cough: )

- Steve;)

These fourms are based on unbiased opions.....whitch is a good thingIf it wernt for these fourms i would have goteen a all sony system or spent a lot on a rf or mtx system that wouldnt hve benn as good as these "underground" companies.....before I would have never kn ow about adire ...or hifonics.... or elemental designs and i prolly would have tried to run 2000 watts off of my stock alternator............. dynamat is around 150+ for 50sqft......... I read steves review the product seems fine so i bought some if it works goiod thne ill recomend it to my friends...,.....its not about the brands itsa about the quality....o yeh ifandorbuts can u send my a sticker when u make them?

Dude name IS important. Think about it, u need a name to describe something right?? Now if u were gonna buy a car for example and u were looking @ a Dodge Viper but it was called a Dodge pile of **** would u be as inclined to look @ it and remember tha name and car with good ideas or bad ones?? Just food for thought.......................

J

good point corsica.

BTW most dodges I have ever driver are piles of sh!t...lol

I thought I was gonna change the name, but now am not so sure...

Man I need to be more decisive

I'd think stick with Second Skin because people have already been talking about it and referring to the product as second skin so changing the name kinda loses some of the previous confidence (? don't know a better word)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.