Should I buy a kicker zxs1500.1?

Participant count
  • Participant list
look at used saz1500.1 prob around 300 or a little more you can buy a nice used amp off here peeps are good here... MOST OF EM. Have you already bought the L7s?

yeah I bought the l7s a couple weeks ago off craigslist for $150, they are the first gen model. both are in great shape and probably were never really pushed bc they are both still very stiff. I want to get the most out of them as I can.
kickerL7-12dual.jpg

lol I hear ya. I prefer Fi subs but have been out of the car audio scene for some time and just decided to get some bang in the car I just got from my dad. Will eventually get another Fi but the kicker will do until then. I was kinda thinking about a 2500.1 but dont really wanna spend that much although the Fi 15" I used to have was originally hooked up to one and you couldnt sit in the car when it was turned up. **** was loud as heck.

They are dual 2 ohm if thats what your asking. Im kinda a noob at this stuff other than knowing how to install it all lol
then the Kicker amp will offer more power for you since its optimized for 2 ohm loads.

would a 2500.1 be too much for them? and if not, is there a cheaper alternative to the kicker 2500.1?
You don't need that much power for them... stick with about 1500w...which would make the Kicker 1500.1 the cheaper alternative.

Go used for more savings.

Do you have the proper electrical system for this type of power?

Alright that sounds good then, how about a hifonics amp for the subs? there a little cheaper and Ive heard some good things about their amps. And currently I do not have the proper electrical system yet but that is on my list to do as well. What all do I need to upgrade? I know I need to get a HO alt and new battery and the Big 3 upgrade, but is there anything else that I should do?

I literally went from a kicker zx750 to a Hifonics BRZ1200 when I first started audio because I had heard about how kicker was so overrated and Hifonics was so good for cheap. BS!

Ill never touch another hifonics amp.

Others like them, I hate them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.