should i amp my comps

Participant count
  • Participant list
yes, it sounds soooo much better with an external amp, louder too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

well, whats the rms of your comps? price range? brand preferences?

EDIT: dang editters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

If the RMS rating on the speakers are 80 I would seriously recommend sending about 80 to 100 to them. That other amp will work but why not get something that will get those woofers moving a little better and get a FULLER sound, NOT just a little louder.

Here is one for you from the same website. It will run you $50 more than the other one and its a 4 channel but when you bridge it it will give you 100 watts per channel. Not to mention a 4 channel is very flexible for future upgrades or changes in your system. Just my input.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13202

will i still be ok if i dont amp them, because i just had to buy a optima battery to run my system for $120 and do u guys suggest i sound deaden my doors

thanks,

grant

no it is just to help with my electrical system because all i have in my car is a 60 amp alt. wondering if the comps will still sound good even without a amp to them.

They won't sound near as good as they would with an amp. Not only can they get WAY louder with an amp, but if you set the gains right you can crank it without worrying about your HU sending distortion to your comps, which means a better overall SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.