Shallow mount subs?

The pioneers ive had in all my reg cab trucks.

I ran 2 12s in a Silverado 1500 Rg Cab, 4 8s in a reg cab tacoma, and 1 12 in an S10.

Solid subs, next to the Kenwood.

CVTS are nice and budget, but if they are going behind a seat, the lip tends to rub down and holes will end up in the rubber. Unless you were to build a box where the sub will mount flush with the box, to keep that from happening.

I'm leaning towards the Premiers since they come with the extra warranty.

Any more info on the Mag? If they only require 5.5" then I'll go with that...

I'm leaning towards the Premiers since they come with the extra warranty.
Any more info on the Mag? If they only require 5.5" then I'll go with that...
You were right, they are 5.5" deep. If you could fit them I am sure you will be happy, but if you can't there are definitely woofers you will be happy with out there.

I had one of the pioneer shallow subs in my truck and i'm here to tell you it's junk. It's not loud at all and the cone will start popping if you try to push it hard. It only has 6 mm of xmax compared to the kicker cvt has 12.73 mm of xmax. Thats basically twice as loud.

I had one of the pioneer shallow subs in my truck and i'm here to tell you it's junk. It's not loud at all and the cone will start popping if you try to push it hard. It only has 6 mm of xmax compared to the kicker cvt has 12.73 mm of xmax. Thats basically twice as loud.

So double xmax = double loud? Where the hell do you come up with this crap?

Go with the Kicker cvt's they hit pretty good. For the space your describing you might go with 10's instead? If you don't like the cvt's they cost next to nothing, so you won't be out to much cash, and they do hit the bass.

look at the mb quart. they sound really good. not quit as shallow as some others.
ive been trying to get info about these subs from those that have tried them. ANYONE???

rsh304.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.