Resistance Problems

pioneerisloud
10+ year member

Alright, well I've got a Premier 2000SPL in a ported box. Alpine V-Power 600w mono running it. The amp doesn't seem to like a 2ohm load. I don't really want to run it at 8ohms because well...that's crap for power as we all know.

So what can I do here? I know I shouldn't run just one coil....but that amp just LOVES a 4ohm load. What can I do?

Not everybody is made of money. And I already HAD two of these subs, but one seems to have blown when the box blew apart.
then run it at 8 ohms and quit *****ing

you run it at 2 ohms, your amp is probably going to fry eventually

then run it at 8 ohms and quit *****ingyou run it at 2 ohms, your amp is probably going to fry eventually
I don't understand why my amp will fry eventually when its rated at 2ohms. Its my charging system that is having the issues here, not the amp. The amp is just seeing the problem and kicking itself into safe mode (cheap battery).

dayum the box blew?
Yes, the box blew apart. That's what I get for buying a $19 Wal-Mart special box to run $250 subs in. Lesson learned, trust me.

And what I was wondering...I've heard rumors of being able to run a resistor or something in line with the subwoofer speaker wires to make the amp see a different load. So i could run my sub at 2ohms, put a 2ohm resistor in line in series, and have a 4ohm load at the amp. I've HEARD of this before, but never actually seen it done. So I don't know if its safe.

I don't understand why my amp will fry eventually when its rated at 2ohms. Its my charging system that is having the issues here, not the amp. The amp is just seeing the problem and kicking itself into safe mode (cheap battery).
well if the amp is rated @ 2 ohms, then beef up the electrical.

do the big 3, and maybe back down the gain a bit

lmao what was it built out of graham crackers?
100_0692_3.jpg

my box brokid

my box brokid
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

OP I was running almost 1k rms on a battery that sat at less than 11 volts with the car off, and wouldn't hold a charge above that, and a 60 amp alt...Unless ur amp is as efficient as rectangular wheels, you shouldn't be having issues pulling 600 watts especially on music, you probably have a bad connection somehwere or are running 220 gauge power wire to your amp or something

well if the amp is rated @ 2 ohms, then beef up the electrical.
do the big 3, and maybe back down the gain a bit
I appreciate the actual help you are providing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

I already have backed the gain down a notch.

Here's my plans:

Run 2-3 more cheap batteries inside the trunk (I'm broke, leave it alone please).

Run my 8ga kit to said batteries with a 40a fuse as a charging wire. Run 8ga from those batteries to my amplifier.

Wouldn't that help solve my issue?

My other thought was to run a 2ohm resistor and wire it in series with the sub in the meantime. I don't know if that'll work though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.