Shallow-Depth 10" Subs? (BMW-specific)

potomac
10+ year member

What’s up guys? I just found this enclosure: http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/products/description.php/II=344/PA=0, and it has most of what I’m looking for. However, the mounting depth of a sub can be ~5” maximum. What 10” woofers would you recommend?

Each sub has .552 cubes. Right now, I’m looking at the 10” MBQ premium sub and the Adire Koda. Any preferences between these tow, and any suggestions for other subs? I wanna spend 250 max on each sub, so no ID MAX’s, etc….

Thanks a bunch.

The enclosure package only offers the reference subs as an option, not the premium ones. Would there be any downsides to using the premiums?

---

What do you think of this set-up?

---

Can you recommend a good amp that will put 100watts to some adire components (4ohms) up front, 25-50 watts in the rear channel (4 ohms), and 250 to each sub out back? Am I better off getting two separate amps for the money?

How about Kole audio flat subs. MFW10. MFW series. 4 5/8's mounting depth. 800 watts max. 400 RMS. 4 ohm single voice coil. i can get them for you for about $100 apiece

bump cause I am curious, maybe someone can reccomend a NeoDynimum (sp?) magnet sub
Illusion Audio ND series subs...........good luck finding them though

Phaze Linear Aliante has a shallow mounting depth, though they are somewhat pricey and not for bass heads.

what do you guys think about Koda's in there?

I really want to maximize the amount of bass with the given restrictions, so I want something that will hit pretty hard.

Will the pioneer/the other subs you mentioned get as loud as the kodas?

I have a 325i and that box looks pretty cool but do you think that you would be better off with a regular box? That way you can take it out if you want or need the extra room plus you would not have to worry about mounting depth.

OH MY DAYS..... i need one of those for the E46 sooooooooo bad. Even if it was just a box which was sealed off at the bottom i could mount 8's inside it firing up thru the existing ports and sound would be better than using them free air.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.