Id max vs RE se vs RE sx(For just 1 12)

bamaboy
5,000+ posts

War Eagle!!!
How would you compare these in a ported box for an 99 blazer.My amp puts out 250rmsx2 @4ohms. If i bridge it i get aroud 500 ish.so i dont know how much at 2 ohms.I want 1 12. i dont want to spend too much sx almost out of my range(270) and i can get id max for $270 also.the se is 185.

How would you compare these in a ported box for an 99 blazer.My amp puts out 250rmsx2 @4ohms. If i bridge it i get aroud 500 ish.so i dont know how much at 2 ohms.I want 1 12. i dont want to spend too much sx almost out of my range(270) and i can get id max for $270 also.the se is 185.

First off what amp do you have? If it puts out the ample amount of power I would buy the SX. If it doesn't I would probably but the SE. The IDMAX is a great sub though. Are you gonna put it in a sealed box or a ported box? What do you want more SQ or SPL? Let us know and we can help more.

If you want SPL go for the SX. They are supposed to be almost as loud as the XXX. If you want SQ then go with the IDMAX. The IDMAX can get loud but from reading many post the SX would have more output in a ported box.

I would choose the IDMAX because SQ is more important to me

if you are only gonna be giving the sub 500 watts rms i would say go for the re se. the idmax and sx can each handle over a thousand watts and you said they were sort of out of your price range so the se would be nice with that kind of power in a ported box. you might want to consider though getting an idmax if you feel you are gonna upgrade your amp later. also i heard idmax's work well with low power levels due to there high sensitivity level.

like i said it a cheap amp it puts out 250 rmsx2 @ 4ohms.If i bridge it at 2 ohms , i dont know .http://soundstormlab.com/force_amp.html

heres a link its 700.2

about equal sq and spl maybe little more spl. idont know iw ant it to sound good and i want to show off to my friends.will 1 se be loud in my blazer. right now i have 2 audiobahns( I want go there again)they get a little loud. But will 1 SE or sx be louder in sq and spl

like i said it a cheap amp it puts out 250 rmsx2 @ 4ohms.If i bridge it at 2 ohms , i dont know .http://soundstormlab.com/force_amp.html
heres a link its 700.2

With that amp either buy the SE or the IDmax. I would have to buy the SE cause I have never used the IDmax. Port the SE and tune it to 32-35hz it will sound great. If you buy a hifonics 1500D then buy 2 RE SE 12's and seal them for good SQ that is my new system only with an orion xtrpro1000D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.