Shallow 6.5" door speaker or standard?

Participant count
  • Participant list

uriel250

CarAudio.com Recruit
Israel
I am going to upgrade my truck front speakers soon, my head unit is an Blaupunkt Cape Town 945.

So, I opened my truck door and found out that I need 6.5" speakers so I ordered the Infinity Reference 6532ix which are 69mm depth and theres also Infinity Reference 6532ex which are 52mm depth.
My stock speakers are 45mm depth and theres a plastic sheet (moisture protector?) that will only allow for 55mm speaker depth at most.
If I tear it I have 12cm clearance. Do you guys recommend me cutting a part of the plastic sheet only where the voice coil sit so I can put the normal size 6.5" speaker or that's gonna ruin the bass/seal against water and better go with the shallow speaker of 52mm depth?
I can also try to extend the plastic sheet by cutting it in two sides and fill tape in between so I get more depth out of it but it may cause some rattling of the plastic sheet.

Any help?
Thanks.

I am going to upgrade my truck front speakers soon, my head unit is an Blaupunkt Cape Town 945.

So, I opened my truck door and found out that I need 6.5" speakers so I ordered the Infinity Reference 6532ix which are 69mm depth and theres also Infinity Reference 6532ex which are 52mm depth.
My stock speakers are 45mm depth and theres a plastic sheet (moisture protector?) that will only allow for 55mm speaker depth at most.
If I tear it I have 12cm clearance. Do you guys recommend me cutting a part of the plastic sheet only where the voice coil sit so I can put the normal size 6.5" speaker or that's gonna ruin the bass/seal against water and better go with the shallow speaker of 52mm depth?
I can also try to extend the plastic sheet by cutting it in two sides and fill tape in between so I get more depth out of it but it may cause some rattling of the plastic sheet.

Any help?
Thanks.
What truck is it ? I know newer s10s are pretty shallow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.