Sfb 3000.1

Neverenoughbass703

CarAudio.com Recruit
I had a sfb 3000.1d installed yesterday. The clipping light is coming on when I get the gain about a quarter of the way up. Is the amp bad. Or is my power supply not strong enough? I have a second battery installed. The battery is a hc2000 blu. Stock radio. Stock alt. Stock front battery. 2019 VW Jetta R Line

I had a mmats pro audio 3000.05 on it before. Never had a problem. But the mmats only rms 1700 at 1 ohm. So I got the sfb3000.1 because I read the xfl’s needed 3000 rms
What is the voltage at the input of the amp when the clipping light illuminates? Wouldn't be surprised if you're just maxing it out and only getting 1500w after rise and expecting more. Mmats makes some of the best amps out there and it may make similar power even though it's rated lower

i have never done the big three. The amp is wired with 0 guage. No lights are dimming

It might be time for that. Just for Peace of mind and to rule that part out of the equation. What size is your stock alternator? Getting a nice AGM to replace your stock battery would probably help, as well. Can you exchange the amp for a different one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.