Settings help w/Pioneer DEH-X6600BT and existing Infinity Sound

Participant count
  • Participant list
Forgive me for asking a question that has probably been answered before but I searched and didn't really find the answer I was looking for. I recently installed a Pioneer DEH-X6600BT in my Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab that had an existing factory amp and Infinity Sound System and needed help understanding the need or not of the LOUDNESS and HPF settings. I do NOT have a subwoofer setup yet and from what I understand the front door speakers are strictly for bass so do these settings pertain to my system that has no sub? I know some of this depends on personal preference and I have played with the settings and found that the LOUDNESS set on MED or HI sounds better and the HPF changes the sound also although not as dramatic as the LOUDNESS. Thanks in advance! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

HPF means low frequencies are cut out of the speakers. If it's set to 100 Hz that means it rolls off the bass around 100 Hz. This should be left off, or to pass all frequencies, until you add a subwoofer.

Loudness usually means low and high frequencies are boosted. It's meant to be used at low volume so the sound isn't thin and weak. It's NOT meant to be left on permanently.

Thanks, it's just strange how much more powerful it sounds with the LOUDNESS set to MED or HIGH and the HPF around 80 or 100 although the bass does thin out the higher the HPF goes and vocals start sounding "tinny".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.