Server Upgrade - Friday 5/5 @ 5am EST

Participant count
  • Participant list

administrator
Administrator

Little man on campus
We will be moving the site to a new more powerful server in the early morning hours of 5/5 at 5am EST. During the transfer, you will not be able to access the site, which should take between 2-4 hours to complete. This upgrade should make the site faster and more stable. We apologize for the brief inconvenience.

We will be moving the site to a new more powerful server in the early morning hours of 5/5 at 5am EST. During the transfer, you will not be able to access the site, which should take between 2-4 hours to complete. This upgrade should make the site faster and more stable. We apologize for the brief inconvenience.
What setup this time?

litespeed/mysql?

Why not try something better like mariadb+nginX with a php opcode like memcache or even xcache.

Remove cloudflare and use a dedicated vps as a reverse proxy for the site to help with ddos attacks and cache, as it is you already have a dedi cdn service.

What setup this time?
litespeed/mysql?

Why not try something better like mariadb+nginX with a php opcode like memcache or even xcache.

Remove cloudflare and use a dedicated vps as a reverse proxy for the site to help with ddos attacks and cache, as it is you already have a dedi cdn service.
Pretty much the same software, just updated. Also utilizing Railgun now.

Dual Intel Xeon X5550

16GB DDR3 ECC Memory

4 x 146GB 15K w/ RAID-10

Wouldn't it be relatively cheap to just go with 4 120 or 240 GB SSDs as opposed to 4 15k HDDs when likely cost as much as the SSDs?
Out if curiosity, what is the current software setup?
Incase of hdd failure. SSD is mainly used for quick acess soft like mysql or other database type programs.

Since webservers and php do multi writes it will cause an ssd to die quick.

Incase of hdd failure. SSD is mainly used for quick acess soft like mysql or other database type programs.
Since webservers and php do multi writes it will cause an ssd to die quick.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

If you need any help with server or website let me know anytime. Dont mind helping out a bit when free.
Didn't expect a site like this to be collocated.
Appreciate it! Working on an issue now with the FB login. They think the CDN is causing issues.

Appreciate it! Working on an issue now with the FB login. They think the CDN is causing issues.
CDN wouldnt cause an issue unless its compressing any needed javascript.

Again cloudflare does do this so checking cloudflare settings would help to keep from changing or moving code.

Do you receive any errors via headers or output?

CDN wouldnt cause an issue unless its compressing any needed javascript.Again cloudflare does do this so checking cloudflare settings would help to keep from changing or moving code.

Do you receive any errors via headers or output?
Yep that is what I assumed. Compression issues with js.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.