Possible use of Panjo for Classified Ads?

administrator
Administrator

Little man on campus
Hey all, I realize a lot of you use the classifieds and do quite well selling/buying/trading items. There is a rather new app/plugin available for use on the forums to make classifieds more easy and with increased exposure for faster sales. The plugin, called "Panjo", is completely free to use and enables bother buyer and seller benefits. A few notable benefits are listed below, directly from Panjo:

A good example of a major forum who has put Panjo to good use, is Bimmer Forums

Information from Panjo

Seller benefits

Integrated payment processing (make money while you sleep)

Integrated shipping calculator

Increased exposure in the forum

Can make your ad "Featured" at the top of listings

More visual showcase for your item

Drag and drop photo management

Seller profile page

Dispute resolution

Phone support

Set quantity

Improved 'Latest Ads' section

Reputation management tools

Email alerts

Payment collection and verification

Buyer benefits

Full refund protection

New sort, filter, and search tools

"Buy Now" button

Dedicated dispute resolution team

Phone support

Improved marketplace security

Seller screening and identity verification

Photo gallery of listings

Ability to purchase with Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, or PayPal.

Just looking for some feedback on possibly putting this to use on this site. One important feature that won't be left out, is that classified ads will also be listed in their respective classified forums, as well as on Panjo. So you will still be able to comment on actual ads themselves on the ad's thread page at CarAudio.com.

Panjo is a sperate system. It will auto post what is entered into the system so the use of manually posting is still possible.

Also admin best to keep auto buy disabled and put the sold items pending as many users dont check daily or ship immediatly.

Panjo is a sperate system. It will auto post what is entered into the system so the use of manually posting is still possible.
Also admin best to keep auto buy disabled and put the sold items pending as many users dont check daily or ship immediatly.
That is one of the good things about it. When posting an ad Panjo makes it easier and also posts a new thread for the item in the respective forum for discussion. Just as happens now.

I guess I will be the elephant in the room. As much as an added complexity to selling and buying to our forum, is there an actual added monetary benefit to the Ca.com forum for adding such a company to the forum. As I can see small benefits for members (as buyer and seller protection is still provided by Paypal), I have read the described benefits posted for buyers and sellers. But I have yet to see added benefits for Ca.com owners and moderators. I can see the added confusion and workload for moderators and owner, but I see there was no mention of compensation to the people who run ca.com. And also with a very new company (which has very good reviews so far) do they expect to stay Vbulletin servers only, or are they willing, or capable of servicing future format changes?

As much of an asset as this my seem as of yet, most companies see added policy and procedure changes early in their incorporation, and will have problems associated with its system. Will these problems be handled by Ca.com staff (and how much compensation will be provided for the added workload) or will everything be handled offsite by Panjo?

And will compensation will be provided to Ca.com from the added revenues associated with the added increase to Panjo's selling power and marked increase in sales?

I don't know if these are the kind of questions you were meaning to be asked, but it's what I did for a living, so they are the questions I thought of.

And if I Pissed someone off, here's a picture of a cute kitty in a subwoofer

I guess I will be the elephant in the room. As much as an added complexity to selling and buying to our forum, is there an actual added monetary benefit to the Ca.com forum for adding such a company to the forum. As I can see small benefits for members (as buyer and seller protection is still provided by Paypal), I have read the described benefits posted for buyers and sellers. But I have yet to see added benefits for Ca.com owners and moderators. I can see the added confusion and workload for moderators and owner, but I see there was no mention of compensation to the people who run ca.com. And also with a very new company (which has very good reviews so far) do they expect to stay Vbulletin servers only, or are they willing, or capable of servicing future format changes?
As much of an asset as this my seem as of yet, most companies see added policy and procedure changes early in their incorporation, and will have problems associated with its system. Will these problems be handled by Ca.com staff (and how much compensation will be provided for the added workload) or will everything be handled offsite by Panjo?

And will compensation will be provided to Ca.com from the added revenues associated with the added increase to Panjo's selling power and marked increase in sales?

I don't know if these are the kind of questions you were meaning to be asked, but it's what I did for a living, so they are the questions I thought of.
Forum owner can set his own forum fee for the sellers, BUT panjo gets 2.9% for them and then on top of that paypal fees are automatically charged so whatever money is left over the seller receives after paypal+panjo+forum fee (forum admin can make forum fee free).

Either way the more activity this forum gets, the more money the admin makes.

He is receiving cash for all the small little ads being viewed and the words in your post which are automatically made into ads hyperlinks that people accidentally click.

All in all forum users get a better structure, staff just moderates any non allowed selling, panjo earns middle man fees of 2.9%.

Forum owner can set his own forum fee for the sellers, BUT panjo gets 2.9% for them and then on top of that paypal fees are automatically charged so whatever money is left over the seller receives after paypal+panjo+forum fee (forum admin can make forum fee free).
Either way the more activity this forum gets, the more money the admin makes.

He is receiving cash for all the small little ads being viewed and the words in your post which are automatically made into ads hyperlinks that people accidentally click.

All in all forum users get a better structure, staff just moderates any non allowed selling, panjo earns middle man fees of 2.9%.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for new and better products, as with most electronics, growing with the times is necessary in order to stay competitive. But unfortunately none of your comments answered any of my questions.

The fee is actually 7% for Panjo's sellers, plus the paypal fee.

The new list fee for items through Panjo will be 7% roughly. Plus Paypal's 3%.

Terms people should know about Panjo:

Panjo acts as a venue to allow users who comply with Panjo's policies to offer, sell and buy goods. Panjo is not directly involved in the transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, Panjo has no control over the quality, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of the items listed, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items. Panjo does not pre-screen users or the content or information provided by users. Panjo cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.

Consequently, Panjo does not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer.

Panjo cannot guarantee the true identity, age, and nationality of a user. Panjo encourages you to communicate directly with potential transaction partners through the tools available on the Site. You may also wish to consider using a third-party escrow service or services that provide additional user verification.

You agree that Panjo is a venue and as such is not responsible or liable for any content, for example, data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links posted by you, other users, or outside parties on Panjo. You use the Panjo service at your own risk

Panjo may charge fees for listing an item for sale, as well as a percentage of the sale price when the item sells. When you list an item you have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged. Panjo's Fees Policy, which is subject to change, is incorporated into this Agreement by reference. Changes to the Fees Policy and the fees for Panjo's services are effective after Panjo provides you with notice by posting the changes on the Site. However, Panjo may choose to temporarily change the Fees Policy and the fees for Panjo's services for promotional events; such changes are effective when Panjo posts the temporary promotional event on the Site. Panjo may, at Panjo's sole discretion, change some or all of Panjo's services at any time. In the event Panjo introduces a new service, the fees for that service are effective at the launch of the service. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in US Dollars (USD).

Most importantly:: Panjo, for the benefit of users, may try to help users resolve disputes. Panjo does so in Panjo's sole discretion, and Panjo has no obligation to resolve disputes between users or between users and outside parties. To the extent that Panjo attempts to resolve a dispute, Panjo will do so in good faith based solely on Panjo's policies. Panjo will not make judgments regarding legal issues or claims.

Most people dont read the small print. I have no life, so I have the time..

But from what I get form the site, is Panjo allows lazy (or busy) people to have their posts bumped without having to do it yourself, and you pay a fee for the bump.

And if I Pissed someone off, here's a picture of a cute kitty in a subwoofer

Thanks for reply. The main reason for using Panjo, IMO, would be making it easier for posting, managing and more visibility for classified ads, since it will be shown to a network of viewers on the Panjo marketplace. It would also allow you to have featured listings which appear at the top of other listings, instead of having to bump your listing every day for it to be more visible. These however, would incur a small fee. There are also a number of other small bonuses to using Panjo.

Panjo is free for us to use *and* free for you to use. The only fees involved are regular PayPal sales fees, if a sale transpires. Unlike the other posts state, Panjo does not charge a fee itself, it's just the PayPal fees that you would have when a sale takes place. This is the same as with any transaction. I was confused about this also.

I will have Panjo chime in also to clarify.

If it cost 1 extra cent to the seller or buyer then no one wants it here.... Sales are doing and have been doing fine for years without Panjo so dnt mess with a good thing... Start charging any amount to sell or buy on this sitr and this site will be a ghost town within days... Dnt ruin the site for a few bucks profit..

If it cost 1 extra cent to the seller or buyer then no one wants it here.... Sales are doing and have been doing fine for years without Panjo so dnt mess with a good thing... Start charging any amount to sell or buy on this sitr and this site will be a ghost town within days... Dnt ruin the site for a few bucks profit..
Please read my posts above, outlining Panjo is free. The only intent is trying to help the site out and make the classifieds a better and easier venue to sale. If members don't want it, then I'll go ahead and close this thread and move on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.