Seriously? WTF for?

I guess that German Made is considered the Best made anywhere in the world, as it seems, though you can not deny that Very expensive parts are used, and top knotch components as well,and not many are made/low production in most cases, making them highly collectable, and a bit Rare.Though, I have always like this amplifier, I just could never justify on the buying of it due to the Price of which,I am able to pic up several used Zed made collectables/cheaters and generate just as much true power,and just as clean/low distorted power.Though, If I were given this amp, I certainly would accept it, and more than likely never sell it.Work of art on the board work/beautiful.RARE Brax X2000 Made in Germany Audiophile Class Amplifier Used with Box | eBay
Don't come in here with that "on-topic" ish!! Lol

Don't come in here with that "on-topic" ish!! Lol
Wonder if anyone noticed this wasn't posted in the dome...I guess it'll either get relocated today or PR/WD/OB are going to be deleting a lot of posts today.

I think the only justification these companies have for charging exorbitant amounts of money for their comps are that they always try to find some way to use a rare metal (which doesn't ever really help since carbon fiber tends to be more rigid and costs way less to manufacture at the expense of low-end extension) or they use bonkers crossover networks (which could be avoided by just building a better driver at the price they charge). If you want some good reads, look through some of Zed or HAT's manuals/white papers on the subject. People want to feel like they're getting more for their money and with the size/complexity of those Brax comps in the OP as well as Morel's upper end, I really have to wonder if the SQ side of the CA industry has lost its mind to an extent.

For the naysayers who think those crossovers are vital, explain to me how people STILL manage to do better with the same drivers by going active...

Lol I found our movie cars.
lambo%20civic.jpg

031512-Missing-wheels.jpg

I can't talk too much crap about mustangs though because I build them.

This is more my style though

Turbo_Mustang_Engine_Bay_2.jpg

GF's car. 1 of 17 in this color combo for 2011

DSCN0502.jpg
****. those cars are perfect.

Sorry. It's just an opinion. Never been a fan of the mustang...or most america and some asian cars.

That TURBO IS HUGEEEEEEE. What is that. 70 or 80mm?

Alpine's F1 Status 3-way comp set sold for more than that. Essentially Scan Rev 7's, Rev 4's, and Rev large format RR's...$1840 for a full set of drivers (current madisound prices)...Add one seriously bad-azz crossover set and you've got the $2500+ msrp of the F1.

Now I know nothing about Brax so I won't comment about them. But the idea of spending that kind of dough on a serious front end isn't that unreasonable.

OP, what part of TX you from?
DFW area.

Wonder if anyone noticed this wasn't posted in the dome...I guess it'll either get relocated today or PR/WD/OB are going to be deleting a lot of posts today.
I think the only justification these companies have for charging exorbitant amounts of money for their comps are that they always try to find some way to use a rare metal (which doesn't ever really help since carbon fiber tends to be more rigid and costs way less to manufacture at the expense of low-end extension) or they use bonkers crossover networks (which could be avoided by just building a better driver at the price they charge). If you want some good reads, look through some of Zed or HAT's manuals/white papers on the subject. People want to feel like they're getting more for their money and with the size/complexity of those Brax comps in the OP as well as Morel's upper end, I really have to wonder if the SQ side of the CA industry has lost its mind to an extent.

For the naysayers who think those crossovers are vital, explain to me how people STILL manage to do better with the same drivers by going active...
You know what, I know so little about this and when I laid eyes on those Brax speakers that's the first thing that came to my mind. Rare earth metals. Every freaking gimmick you can imagine has made use of, or at least claimed to make use of some kind of rare materials. Combine that with the post about the guy achieving excellent sound quality with the Pyle speakers that were perfectly dialed in and placed, and I call BS on the $2500 speakers once and for all. After all, if one can achieve what anyone would call "excellent" sound, is there really any need to go any further?

Just think of what the guy with the Pyles would have had if he'd used Rainbow or Focal or CDT or any of the top dogs out there. If there is some kind of difference between those and the super expensive speakers, its doubtful anyone could hear it.

in a blind hearing test i bet most people would not be able to tell the difference between high dollar comps and cheap comps if installation was the same, similar to most who people cant tell the difference between tap and bottle water

Those comps are great but I'm with the OP, not worth $2500. After a demo I got last summer I'm not sure any mids and tweets are actually worth those big bucks. Some dude at the db drags in Lincoln City last summer had a SQ car that was absolutely amazing. Everyone who sat in it thought it was incredible. After B.S.ing with him and his little SQ gang for a bit they all started laughing their azz's off because he was running all Pyle mids and tweets with Focal and Hertz grills covering them. Still Sounded Amazing. Good clean power, clean signal, and speaker placement seem to be the real key to good sound. Even after I knew what he was running I was still blown away. He does admit they will have a short lifespan because they are cheap POS's!!! Something to think about......
I keep thinking I am going to try this to satify my own curiosity. I talk so much shit about PA drivers that I want to get some cheap ones and try to get them to sound good. No way I can do super tweeters though.

Maybe just some cheap, cheap mids.

in a blind hearing test i bet most people would not be able to tell the difference between high dollar comps and cheap comps if installation was the same, similar to most who people cant tell the difference between tap and bottle water
I beg to differ.

Even untrained listeners could pick out small details from one driver to the next. Besides source unit/processing, drivers are the most important piece of the puzzle. Of course.... crap drivers in a good install would robably trump great ones in a crap install though.

Like Sundownz said, there is a very small, yet very expensive jump from say.... $600-700 comps to $2.5k comps. But a huge leap from $200 to $700. We could definitely hear the latter, but would struggle with the former. But SQ is much like SPL. Top guys can add another $2,000 amp for a few tenths of a gain.

I have about $1k (used) into my front stage. And I think it's pretty freaking awesome. I sat in a couple world championship SQ vehicles at finals and they were unbelievable. But they have probably $10k into their shit. Is the difference worth $9k? Not to me.

Whole thread will be deleted, and everyone who posted in it will get infractions or banned.

I keep thinking I am going to try this to satify my own curiosity. I talk so much shit about PA drivers that I want to get some cheap ones and try to get them to sound good. No way I can do super tweeters though.
Maybe just some cheap, cheap mids.

I beg to differ.

Even untrained listeners could pick out small details from one driver to the next. Besides source unit/processing, drivers are the most important piece of the puzzle. Of course.... crap drivers in a good install would robably trump great ones in a crap install though.

Like Sundownz said, there is a very small, yet very expensive jump from say.... $600-700 comps to $2.5k comps. But a huge leap from $200 to $700. We could definitely hear the latter, but would struggle with the former. But SQ is much like SPL. Top guys can add another $2,000 amp for a few tenths of a gain.

I have about $1k (used) into my front stage. And I think it's pretty freaking awesome. I sat in a couple world championship SQ vehicles at finals and they were unbelievable. But they have probably $10k into their shit. Is the difference worth $9k? Not to me.
And as "rattly" as my truck is, along how powerful my substage is. It isn't worth going from $200 on my front stage to $1000.

What is that in the pass. seat of the blue Mustang? Part of the turbo/intercooler? Never seen an intake go all the way into the pass. cabin and back out, CRAZY!!! Looks very Dangerous, umm I mean looks very fun!

Turbo_Mustang_Engine_Bay_2.jpg

bottled water is just purified tap water. so they are the same

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...