SERIOUS problem with ike sound....please read

kixazz2529
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ny
i bought 2 jbl 1200.1's from ike sound a short time ago....

i recently had a problem with the amp and i took it to get fixed by a liscenced shop for jbl products....they looked at the amps and the serial no. was scratched off of the amp and box!!!!!!!

can someone please look at their amps and see if they have the same thing done to theirs??

please let me know asap so i can figure out if it is ikesound or the guy that installed my stuff that took the serial #'s off the amps

thanks

yo dhas some krazy shiz right there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

All I know is that when serial numbers are scratched off, it means that someone does not want it traced. Meaning that a dealer might have been selling it below what JBL wanted and didn't want it traced back to him.

Originally posted by Heresy All I know is that when serial numbers are scratched off, it means that someone does not want it traced. Meaning that a dealer might have been selling it below what JBL wanted and didn't want it traced back to him.
either that or it was just flat stolen...

that is pretty janked, and why would the guy who installed it scratch it off? I can't really see a reason for anyone to scratch the numbers off... unless they were doing something illegal.

My bp1200.1 *just* came in two days ago. I have barely had time to look at it but I'll be checking this out as soon as possible (as in "on my lunch break"). If I encounter problems with it post-installation, I think I would be less than pleased if the serial number was missing.

Originally posted by kixazz2529 i bought 2 jbl 1200.1's from ike sound a short time ago....

i recently had a problem with the amp and i took it to get fixed by a liscenced shop for jbl products....they looked at the amps and the serial no. was scratched off of the amp and box!!!!!!!

can someone please look at their amps and see if they have the same thing done to theirs??

please let me know asap so i can figure out if it is ikesound or the guy that installed my stuff that took the serial #'s off the amps

thanks
If you documented the sale pretty well, you can get the guy busted.

Over on IS300.net we boycott ikesound. That guy is shady.

How is that guy shady? I've done business with them many a times and they all went smooth. As for the serial number maybe the guy who installed it made a switch.

Originally posted by GregFarz78 How is that guy shady? I've done business with them many a times and they all went smooth. As for the serial number maybe the guy who installed it made a switch.
sure he did, he could steal amps, put stolen amps in for brand new one, make a fortune, nothin can be traced to him.

Just fyi, the amp I ordered has the serial number and appears to be in perfect working order. I would be willing to order from them again, until they give me reason not to.

We've had a big problem with that down here in south Texas, exactly what someone said above, they run it like a pawn shop. They buy, for example, a 1200.1 from a guy that walks in with it, with the wires not even disconnected from it and sells it to the shop for $50. Then Joe over here walks in, requests a system, is shown one amp that he has 'bought' and they take your car in back and 'install' it. They just switch in the back while you can't see it. It's happened to a lot of shops around here, there's only one shop I go to now because of that. Oh and this is not just for amps, I've seen them do it with everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.